GTO is in the shop. O2 sensor and A/C floor vent issues. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTO is in the shop. O2 sensor and A/C floor vent issues.

Well I got a check engine light at just over 3,000 miles and the exhaust smelled of rotten eggs. So I knew it was probably a bad O2 sensor or a bad Catalytic Converter. Sure enough, the shop found a bad O2 sensor and found damage to some wires from the sunroof installation.

I also had them work on an A/C problem. In vent/floor mode everything was fine. But in Floor mode or in defrost/floor mode the floor vents would blow air at first, but then lock up and stop blowing air. I could hear the air hissing out through seams in the system somewhere behind the dash. As it turns out, this was due to a bad A/C controller, which they replaced.

I took it to Woodbridge, VA Pontiac/Buick/GMC. I was worried at first, seeing as they are in hoodbridge (a local term since woodbridge is basically The 'Hood.) But not only were they very nice, but they were straightforward, worked quickly, didn't assume I knew nothing about cars, and generally pleasant. I was suprised, to say the least. Will definitely go back to them if I have any more problems. However, I have not yet seen the car's odometer. It had better not have more than an extra mile or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors
... and found damage to some wires from the sunroof installation...
Yikes. I thought I read somewhere that on the GTO, the roof is not to be cut into because there is an integral structural beam running longitudinally through the centerline of the roof. Anyone else remember this?

As for the a/c controls, mine won't blow any air out of the side window vents next to the side view mirrors. Air does vome out of the hole that's supposed to feed that vent, but the vent is dead when the door's closed.

-WW
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwroller
Yikes. I thought I read somewhere that on the GTO, the roof is not to be cut into because there is an integral structural beam running longitudinally through the centerline of the roof. Anyone else remember this?
In the same thread it was mentioned that the Monaros in Australia offer a sunroof option.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...&modelid=12001

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwroller

As for the a/c controls, mine won't blow any air out of the side window vents next to the side view mirrors. Air does vome out of the hole that's supposed to feed that vent, but the vent is dead when the door's closed.

-WW

I had the same isue, try to open the vent with the dial on the side. It looks like it controls the up and down of the air, but it actually opens and closes the vent.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 12:20 PM

Scissors: I stand corrected then! (I hope you didn't take my note the wrong way...)

Toolman: Thanks, I'll give that a try. (And sorry for the hijack, Scissors)

--WW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in