Help would be great - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help would be great

I am 17 years old and just recieved a GTO on October 8th, i still have my first car which is a 1996 mustang v6. I love drag racing and have beat almost every car in my high school with it. all that is left for me to beat is a 92 stealth twin turbo, and a typhoon. too make a long story short i want to know what's the best way to get my car to run a 12.8? which mods are the most effective etc. thanks alot. p.s. i am going to win high school nationals this year. i dont know if any of you are my age, if you are and you plan to be there in april, let me know... thanks for all your help everyone! geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff
I am 17 years old and just recieved a GTO on October 8th, i still have my first car which is a 1996 mustang v6. I love drag racing and have beat almost every car in my high school with it. all that is left for me to beat is a 92 stealth twin turbo, and a typhoon. too make a long story short i want to know what's the best way to get my car to run a 12.8? which mods are the most effective etc. thanks alot. p.s. i am going to win high school nationals this year. i dont know if any of you are my age, if you are and you plan to be there in april, let me know... thanks for all your help everyone! geoff
I would hope you keep it on the track

some sticky micky's will help as i'm sure you know by now you can't get hooked well.

you gotta get more air in and more air out; see related thread for air induction. new exhaust system picks up 18 rwhp; see related thread.

at your age and your in a GTO; then money's no object.

forced air induction; see related thread

don't reccommend nitrous oxide (Not nawzzzzz) for unsleeved LS1. I've seen hoods blown off cars going over 75 hp bumps

post a slip
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:38 PM

Buy a set of M/T ET streets and put on your favorite "NO FEAR" t-shirt. Just wind her up and let her rip!!!!
The tires will give you the repeatability you need for bracket racing anyhow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in