Horn - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Horn

Got out of work Monday, started goat, backed out of parking space, drove off. 100ft later horn starts honking. Pounding on horn pad had no effect. Pulled into parking space and shut off car. Horn still honking. Got out of car, shut door, flipped off several angry people that had come out of thier offices and were shouting at me to stop honking my horn (I would have shot them if I had my gun, I was frusterated to say the least and they want to bitch about my horn while I am standing outside my car. Not sure about them but I have yet to install my wireless remote horn actuator). Open car door and horn stops (Thank Christ, this is a loud horn). Open hood, not sure why. Open fuse/relay box cover. Find horn relay, tap on it, nothing unusual. Put cover back on, shut hood. Horn starts honking. Scramble back to my door before lynch mob shows up with their own guns and pop hood. Open hood (god damn, horn REALLY loud under hood) in a panic, rip off cover to fuse block and attempt to yank out the little relay bastard. Finally get that little ba$tard out with sweaty fingers, sweet silence. Lady (use this term loosely) is stomping across parking lot screaming at me that people are on the phone in her office. I say "OH F- Off!" (Sorry, but can you imagine? I was wrong, but I was already on the edge and an autistic preschooler could have figured out that something was malfunctioning) She responds in kind and storms off. I put fuse cover back on, coworkers (from my office) finish laughing at me and I leave a set of black stripes in the parking lot on my way out that would have made a high school gear head cream his pants with enough noise to ensure that I twisted the knife in that womans back just enough to make her hate me more than anyone in her miserable life.

<paragraph>

So. This happen to anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 09:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raven1124
OMG what a great story
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 12:35 AM

No problems with the horn, but I did find out that if you pop the hood with the doors locked (reaching through the open window) the alarm will go off.

The only real strange thing so far was the AM reception went out once. Really weird... no reception on AM, the FM was fine. I figure sh*t, broken radio. I turned it off and back on and the problem disappeared. Never happened again.

I feel your pain. My dog ran away once with my wife chasing after it in her PJs. Neighbor screams, "Don't walk your dog in our yard!"

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:41 AM

My alarm system went off sometimes "alarm activated by hood" showed up on the screen. The horn used to just go off at random times....it really bothered people alot. It became amusing and I was slowly going insane. The dealer fixed it.....some sensor on the hood latch it think.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:57 AM

I know how you feel. I had a Clifford alarm on one of my cars and in the middle of a busy intersection the alarm took a crap and shut off the car, turned the siren on and started to honk the horn. So I am hear fighting my car and every aggressive driver in Miami was at that intersction that day. Back to your question I have not had that same problem but I have read posts on here about alarms going off by opening the trunk and alarms that only stop after you turn the key in the door.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies, and I am glad, Raven, that you could see some humor in that. When my alarm sounds, the horn blasts on and off at about 1 to 1.5 second intervals. This was a constant blast, and the DIC never indicated the alarm was activated. I think something short circuited. This car has strange electrical gremlins. If I listen to the radio without the key in, the check engine light comes on and stays on until I start the car. Sometimes the auto lights will not come on, some times the dome light will not shut off. Sometimes the horn honks, sometimes the doors unlock when I know full well I locked them. Sometimes the light in the trunk will not come on when I open it.

Sometimes the goddamned car is worse than my wife for listening to what I want.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raven1124
How could I not find any humor in that? I would be so embarrassed if that happened to me. And pissed.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 05:00 PM

I would check into the door actuator locking mechanism on the car. Read the TSB for the 04.

I didn't have quite the problem you did, Thank God! But when my door locks were messing up it was sort of the same. I didn't have the car's alarms set to honk the horn when I locked the car, but they did anyway! Then I discovered that the passenger side door wasn't even locking. This alarm system is also connected to the hood of the car too.

When I had my car fixed the dealership had just gotten a TSB on this issue within days of having it fixed.

BTW- Nice Story! Sorry!

Good Luck!

Monica

Last edited by gto_lady04; 06-09-2006 at 05:02 PM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:58 PM

horn beeps

Its 105 degrees F here in San Jose and my horn beeps for less than a second while I am driving it. It happens once every two-three hours. Is there a tech bulletin on this?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklin
Its 105 degrees F here in San Jose and my horn beeps for less than a second while I am driving it. It happens once every two-three hours. Is there a tech bulletin on this?
I've had a couple of mysterious beeps every now and then. It doesn't happen often enough to determine a pattern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in