I went and did it... Preadator programer on it's way!! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went and did it... Preadator programer on it's way!!

$349.00 shipped out the door and they are right here in my state. I went back and forth and checked other sites and prices (even Ebay) and at this price decided I must have my hands on it!

That plus all the lecturing about my LTrims because of my air intake setup.

Man I can't wait, now can someone again tell me how they got Torque Management turned off?

I'll post a review of this product after I play with it and tune my car then do some runs..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 03:49 PM

So who has that price? It sounds good!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Right here, confirmation email on a Saturday too!

http://www.fox-performance.com/merch..._Code=DS-U7193

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 11:05 AM

I was just reading their ad in the Pontiac magazine I got Saturday.

Let us know
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks will do. If I could get some A/F and timing numbers I wouldn't have to pay $120.00 bucks to Diablo for a "custom tune."

If you punch in the zip code of "Our Dealers" you will see the #1 choice is a shop that was involved in blowing up my engine when I got the Procharger that ended up being finalized in court after 40 dynos lean and no timing retard

Lol,

I'm over that though but admit to not being a big self tuner.

However I am not big on Dyno Tuning either for good reason lol.

So here are my current mods.

1. SLP Loudmouth Catback
2. SLP CAI
3. 91 Octane with .7 additive made by Outlaw

Automatic Transmission.

Anyone that can offer any assistance please let me know, meanwhile I am gonna call the vendor and see what he might could do on his end.
They have a PC Interface kit but I already have the power adapter and cables, I had bought a Serial to USB cable and I knew it would be needed someday!!!

Can't wait, if anything my A/F will be right but I fully expect more out of this.
I wonder if our track is open this Wednesday I could go do some base runs!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey just an FYI,

My kit goes out today and it's free shipping and I just spent 20 minutes talking to a guy at Fox there about Trans Brakes and Yank Converters.
These guys have been in business for almost 6 years and have said that everyone they know personally that has installed this Predator has been, "very happy with te resluts," This is their first time they have carried the Predator so I am very excited that I will get mine this week. Sorry for the pointless post more or less just excited after talking to the guy. He says you can disable traction control with the Predator, something I am very happy about for the track but definately dont recomend for newbies it's dangerous to have that much power in turns in a RWD car without traction control (disclaimer.)

Hey Westell what do you think would be a good number for A/F and timing? I was thinking about leaving te timing where it is and putting the air fuel at 14.0? Thoughts? It doesn't stay at 14.0 does it does it start low and then get higher in open loop? Anyone do an A/F Dyno with one of these yet???
I have a pic of an A/F Dyno somewhere I will upload from my Z that shows how it works at the ECU level I will have to wait because I am moving tomorow and won't have Internet until the 6th.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

I have to give this vendor 2 thumbs up. I checked around on LS1.com and most Vendors were selling for $419.00 PLUS shipping.

Better than that though is that I got a UPS tracking # (I didn't have to pay shipping) within 24 hours and I ordered on a Sunday. Get this man, scheduled delivery date is Dec 1st which is TOMOROW!

I went out yesterday and laid 10 feet of rubber untuned with just a SLP CAI and Catback and that was before I get the Predator, zero weight reduction and a passnger to boot!

I have a theory that when you turn off T/C you disable Torque Managment because I had T/C off and there is NO WAY i laid that much rubber from a power brake. I mean I actually had to let off of it because it was curving to the left it was all over the road. It's my understanding that Torque Managemnt reduces power by 30% (fuel, timing, spark etc) when the brake and gas is pressed at the same time (I have an A4.) So I would like to further test my theory but the Predator ads I have read says it "controls it anyway and I am betting that it is via a single to the T/C switch. Thoughts?

This car is gonna rock! EPP's site is down it seems probably maintenance, lucky for me because I was gonna order the BMR SFC's w/ 5 point weld points and Skid Plate for easy oil change and weight reduction then take a pic under my car and upload it my website. Here is the downside aka bummer. I am moving this morning after 10 years (finalized divorce , 1 dog my only child yeah no kids.) Anyways my Internet will be down until SBC Yahoo and thier slow install tech's come out and turn on my SBC DSL. I placed the order 2 weeks ago and the soonest thy can have me back online is Dec 6th which is 5 days after the Predator tune man....!!!!!

If *anyone* wants to help I will be looking for a free dial up to get me buy for a week at 56k. Something to just get me buy for a week so if you know of any please let me know here by 5:00pm this PC will be the last thing I move so I will check back. They already took down my Surewest webpage I will have to remove from my sig. I am gonna miss the Fiber Optics here and my dog but oh well life goes on. Later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in