Interesting HVAC problem... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting HVAC problem...

Just went out to take a drive in my 04 6spd, and I've got a really nasty HVAC problem.

With the AC on (or off for that matter), in position 1, 2, and 3 it seems as if the blower is not operating, ie, I have no airflow of any kind out of the vents. The interesting part, is when the knob is switched to High, the AC light turns off, and the air comes out the vents very strong, along with a rather odd noise, like some sort of shudder or skipping.

Also, in position 1,2, or 3 at 40mph plus, I get cooled air out the vents, a little shy of the force of the #1 setting. And this air is cold with the AC button on...

I've look through all the fuses I can find that have anything remotly to do with the HVAC, and swaped a couple of related relays to see if thats the issue, but so far with no luck.

If anyone has any helpful ideas of things I can try, please let me know, as I was planning on using the car this weekend, and it looks like the local dealer will be closed till after the 4th!!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 01:43 PM

Other than checking the actual "blower" fuse which is typically seperate from the normal 2 fuses that have to do with HVAC, I would say that is about anything you can do on your own short of taking it in for service to get repaired. I havent checked the actual fuse layout of our cars since I really havent had to, but that is just my previous experience with all the other GM, Ford, and foreign cars I have owned. Good luck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 02:48 PM

You might check under the hood and make sure that the HVAC vacuum hose isn't pinched. Mine managed to get pinched by the brake lines up near the firewall once, and my HVAC exhibited some strange behavior as a result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in