Just got a 2005 GTO with some interesting issues - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got a 2005 GTO with some interesting issues

I'm kind of wondering if anyone else has ran into this, first off the car runs great, and I couldn't be more pleased but I ran into this issue even driving it home from the dealer and I'm a bit baffled. The issue is the Traction control and Cruise control, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, this happened from the very beginning, since then I got a new key and after first I thought that somehow was the issue because it worked for about a day, but now it is back to the old tricks. Here is what happens:

When I turn on the car, the system check runs and once it is complete, if the Traction Control starts in the "off" mode, I can't turn it back on and the Cruise control will turn on but not "set" If the Traction control starts in the "on" mode, everything will work fine. I'm not sure if this might be from some aftermarket mod, a weak battery(yes mine is and will be replaced soon) or something else. Any suggestions would be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 AM

Every time I start my '04 the traction control is always on. There might be a mod or maybe a problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

I'm thinking mod...

More testing is required, but it seems if I shut the stereo off(after market stereo) before I shut it down, when I light it up everything is fine, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the bluetooth feature?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii
Well, I used to have that problem and it progressed into myself having to get a new computer for the car.

It started with the TC not working, went to the A/C not working, to the RPMs jumping at idle to the car being completely dead.

If any of that happens, in that order or out of that order and none of the other problems fix themselves. It might be your computer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

MAP2 Photography

2004 Pontiac GTO
2003 Mercedes Benz E500 Sport
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 AM

If it is the ECM, hope you have the security card with all the codes.

Current: MGW-p, H-pipe, SS OTRCAI, Lovell rear springs, Eliminator shocks and Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, JBA LTs+catless mids, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kooks Afterburners, catch can & Tune Next: ??? Wish list: Intake & TB, modest cam, UDP, gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in