Just Ordered A 2006 GTO Need Advice - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just Ordered A 2006 GTO Need Advice

Just ordered a 2006 GTO and just wondering with like a couple grand what would be a nice setup for the car as in exhausts, superchargers, etc. Also anyone know of anything to do these services(posted beneath) because i saw on SLPonline.com that they are offering these services for only 04-05 idk if its out for 06 yet or would it be same.

* Recalibrate speedometer for non-stock gear ratios*
* Remove top-speed limiter*
* Disable Computer-Aided Gear Selection (CAGS)**
* Disable torque reduction**
* Disable shift delays**
* Increase shift firmness**
* Raise rev limiter**
* Raise WOT shift points**
* Adjust cooling-fan activation points**
* Adjust AC shut-off for WOT**
* Disable vehicle anti-theft system**
* Disable catalytic-converter over-temp feature**
* Disable EGR**
* Disable air pump**
* Disable specific error codes**
* Install SLP High-Performance Spark Advance***

The link is this if you would like to check this out yourself http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=PCM1

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Rob in CT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
That is actually only available for the 2004 GTO, the 2005 and 2006 are different.

They should be releasing the 05/06 stuff soon though,
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 10:37 PM
big_mike

you probably wont want to to hear this but anyone here will tell you, with just turning 17, spend some time with the car first. Before doing any mods.

Trust us.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_mike
you probably wont want to to hear this but anyone here will tell you, with just turning 17, spend some time with the car first. Before doing any mods.

Trust us.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 11:08 PM

Wowza, if you're only 17, I bet your insurance company LOVES to see you coming through the doors with a check each month.
Good Luck with the new GTO. I agree with the others though. This probably won't be like any car you've driven before. I'd recommend leaving the traction control on for the first few days/weeks and not driving on wet/snowy pavement until you see how the car reacts. This car requires a driver, not just a warm body in the front seat.
There are many mods available out there. The 2005-2006 tuners are beginning to arrive at HP dealers/tuners now (finally). Just take your time and enjoy what the car has to offer. After all, it's better to have a car that you can drive than one sitting in a junk yard because you didn't take the time to get to know the vehicle and how it handles/drives.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 11:11 PM
big_mike

we are not telling you not to enjoy the car, because we WANT you to use it for whatever reason you chose. BUT, we want to see you enjoy it for the length of the loan and then some.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Yeah insurance is high on my Lexus too haha but I don't pay it so I don't care. Also I'm not looking to mod it right now because I don't have any money right now I'm dead broke plus I don't work but I was just wondering about the mods and stuff, plus I can keep my GTO bone stock and kick anybodys ass at school especially them cool ricer civics(cool? ha gotta love them funny ricers who drop more on mods then how much they paid for the car itself). EDIT: Oh also don't worry my Uncle was a drag racer got invited into IHRA but the wife(my aunt) was scared for his life so he had to sell his cars and stuff and quit i'll have him make me an expert in no time and get the feel of the car.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 11:41 PM
big_mike

you have a lexus? cool !! which one do you have? And does it have the rotary motor option package?
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_mike
you have a lexus? cool !! which one do you have? And does it have the rotary motor option package?
I had that option in my SC400....it was great!!!

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

IDK anything about my 2000 Lexus RX300 AWD I could care less about it. I can get pics of that if you'd like also. I also have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous well it's not mine it's my grand parents but they don't drive it. It just sits in the garage so I drive it if I want to have like 5+ people in the car but the system sucks in that car stock... Piece of S&!*.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in