K&N cai. Anyone feel, or see a difference? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
K&N cai. Anyone feel, or see a difference?

Ive had my 04 barbados blue M6 GTO for 7 months now, and Ive got the bug. The first mod reccomended to me was the K&N CAI kit. Does anyone out there already have this mod, and did it make a difference in seat of the pants o' mometer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 02:47 PM

I have spoken with many people who have purchased the LS1speed, K&N, and New Era, and out of all of these I've heard that the New Era is the best (and not because I'm a stocking dealer).... plus the New Era is cheaper than most @ 199.95 ! Let me know....
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Whats new era? Never even heard of it. Either way, looking to build on mods and just where to start

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 04:38 PM

K&N CAI - thumbs up

I installed mine last weekend and have driven through 1.5 tanks of gas since the mod. It feels like there was a subtle improvement to performance. Based on the MPG calculator, there is a significant increase in fuel economy, about 2 miles per gal. The install went smooth, the instructions couldn't be better and it looks great under the hood. I am glad I purchased.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Cool... sounds good man, thanx for the tip. one more thing; how long did you wait on the part, and did you buy direct from an auto parts store, an outlet like summit or from the K&N Site?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 04:49 PM

K&N CAI

I bought it on e-bay, it took one week to ship. I think it was out of Florida, but can't be sure.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:13 PM

Where can i go to find this "New Era " intake. I have had good results from my last K&N intake for my 02 Chevy Silverado.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:15 PM

What about going to Holden and get mods from them? Do they now use the new LS2 down under?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:21 PM

Look on www.neweraperformanceparts.com , it shows pics installed and frankly it outflows the hell out of the k&n unit..... I stock them so let me know.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:32 PM

www.neweraperformanceparts.com is the site for the New Era intake and the K&N CAI. I bought my K&N from O'reilly's Auto Part Store here in TX for $255. Right now, the K&N is listed on the new era site for $229.95 + shipping. In previos posts by other's, people like the new era intake except for the fact that it didn't have a support system close to the filter which bothered some to custom make something to help support the weight near the filter and it doesn't come with a heat shield. I recommend the K&N and I'm only stating problems with the new era based on what others have said and not personnal experiences--overall the new era had positive reviews. The actual K&N heatshield is different then the pic that is posted on that site--it fits nice and I beleive that it works as intended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in