Knock when turning left - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Knock when turning left

It seem when I'm turning left doing about 10-15 mph. I feel and hear a Knock from underneath the front end. I feel it while I have my foot on the gas pedal. I was wondering if anybody else has this situation. It is a 2006 6.0L with 4,000 miles on it. I was wondering if I have to bring it in. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtullo View Post
It seem when I'm turning left doing about 10-15 mph. I feel and hear a Knock from underneath the front end. I feel it while I have my foot on the gas pedal. I was wondering if anybody else has this situation. It is a 2006 6.0L with 4,000 miles on it. I was wondering if I have to bring it in. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Sounds like it could be the strut problem that is plaguing the 06s. Get to the dealer and have them look at it. Your miles are higher than most who have had the problem, but who knows.

I'm knocking on wood right now. I have an 06 with just over 2000 miles on it and no strut problems that I know of.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 10:39 PM

I don't know if this is similar to what your describing... but a while back I heard a knocking sound coming from the right front. It was only on a hard left turn and mostly just when backing up. I came to find out a clip that holds the front bumper and the front part of the inner plastic finder had broken off and the inner fender was flapping and being caught by the wheel. It might be worth a look.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 06:49 PM

See my post regarding strut leaking. I had that same noise as well. Mine was caused by strut leakage which damaged my bushings. My bushings got so bad it was on metal to metal. Luckily, I took the car in today. Have it checked out before it gets so bad that it sounds like your suspension is going to fall off. Good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies back. Yes it was the struts they were bleeding all over and the knock was the sway bar knocking into the cradle. The car is at the dealer being fixed can't wait to get it back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in