Leaky Goat - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
 
marathonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Clearwater, Fl
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leaky Goat

Hello to all! I am a new member, glad to be welcomed aboard! I just took delivery last Thursday of my new GTO, and living in Florida, it rains alot. My drivers side door leaks and runs in down over the door A/C vent and down. I have a scheduled visit to the dealer next week, but was curious if this is an isolated thing, or if anyone else has had this happen. Thanks for any replies! Chow for now, M.

2005 IBM M6
Weld Prostars
Flowmaster Super 40's
Chris White Guage Changes
HPE Cam Package(S-Cam, AR LT's,Lingenfelter CAI,UD Pulley, X-Pipe, Ported Factory Intake)
BMR Drag Bags
440/396
marathonman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:57 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2005 Goat had a leaky trunk, the dealership found that a body seam wasn't sealed correctly from the factory. I hope its fixed, I haven't had it out in the rain since the dealership fixed it. I also live in Tampa and took it to the dealership in Brandon, on Hwy 60.

Good luck.

Last edited by Judge; 06-23-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Judge is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:23 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After driving for several hours in a heavy rain, my drivers door leaked at the top. It was dripping on my leg and also running down the front post to the side of the dash. The passenger door did the same thing only it took longer to start and did not drip as much. The dealer had it one whole day and said that they could not make it leak. I have not been out in a hard rain since then, so am not concerned for now.
GaryBro is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 05:47 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBro
After driving for several hours in a heavy rain, my drivers door leaked at the top. It was dripping on my leg and also running down the front post to the side of the dash. The passenger door did the same thing only it took longer to start and did not drip as much. The dealer had it one whole day and said that they could not make it leak. I have not been out in a hard rain since then, so am not concerned for now.
Marathon, Judge -- 2 more GTO's in Tampa you guys are going to cramp my style!!! We should get together and take our stuff to the Sunshine Dragstrip on Ulmerton and show some of these mustang kids whats up!

And "no" on the leak thing, actually I have 4500 miles now and have not had any problems with my baby, outside of it using a quart of oil. I am worried though because my rear tires are almost to the wear indicators and I am not sure how I am going to explain to the wife how my brand new car requires new tires.
JMVorbeck is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 05:55 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't feel to bad, I needed tires around 5,000. My wife was not to happy, she said this better not be a habbit.
1BadGoat is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 06:22 PM
 
fergyflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Eustis Fl.
Posts: 3,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Marathon, Judge and JM, I'm not that far away, and the GTO loves fresh Stang. Let's get a Central Fl. track day.
fergyflyer is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 07:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After being poured on over here in Pinellas Park, mines dry inside. But it's pretty piss poor when they leak, new.
silvergoat05 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
 
marathonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Clearwater, Fl
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well here's the update......... Yes the dealer said they couldn't get it to leak, while it leaked on the way to the dealer, imagine that! There are no adjustments on the hinges, so they just "tweak" the window frame(bend it!). They said they hit it with a pressure washer and it didn't leak. Well, I guess I'll find out the next time it rains. Now my intermittent wipers don't work properly. On the first 3 settings, they just constantly wipe, with no delay. Jesus, what's next? Maybe I shouldn't ask! I would definitely like to get together with the Tampa bay area GTO owners. Please e-mail me and we can exchange #'s. Thanks for the replies!

2005 IBM M6
Weld Prostars
Flowmaster Super 40's
Chris White Guage Changes
HPE Cam Package(S-Cam, AR LT's,Lingenfelter CAI,UD Pulley, X-Pipe, Ported Factory Intake)
BMR Drag Bags
440/396
marathonman is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 05:49 PM
 
fergyflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Eustis Fl.
Posts: 3,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonman
Well here's the update......... Yes the dealer said they couldn't get it to leak, while it leaked on the way to the dealer, imagine that! There are no adjustments on the hinges, so they just "tweak" the window frame(bend it!). They said they hit it with a pressure washer and it didn't leak. Well, I guess I'll find out the next time it rains. Now my intermittent wipers don't work properly. On the first 3 settings, they just constantly wipe, with no delay. Jesus, what's next? Maybe I shouldn't ask! I would definitely like to get together with the Tampa bay area GTO owners. Please e-mail me and we can exchange #'s. Thanks for the replies!
My delay wipers work in delay till you get moving then switch to low cycle until you stop again. I thought that was how they were designed. They cycle faster as you move since more rain is hitting the windshield.
fergyflyer is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 08:45 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer
My delay wipers work in delay till you get moving then switch to low cycle until you stop again. I thought that was how they were designed. They cycle faster as you move since more rain is hitting the windshield.
That's called speed-sensitive wipers. 99% of the cars on the road today have them. Still boggles my mind that people don't realize this.
djdub is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome