User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LS7, clutch disengagement and shims

Fellas,
Long time lurker, had an LS7 clutch kit, flywheel, slave and TO installed on my 04. No shim. Having an issue where on a flat surface, clutch pedal in, shifting into first results in the car inching slightly forward. General hard shifting when cold.

I know that likely points to a clutch that's not fully disengaging and a shim issue. Do LS7s need shims? Behind the slave? I was under the impression that since the LS7 is self adjusting, they don't need to be shimmed?

Any thoughts? Alternative theory is a bad clutch MC. Car has 155K miles. Did the rev test, clutch in and no movement.

Appreciate the help, would like to go the shop that installed it was a little ammo from you all.
Thanks,
Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sounds like your master cylinder to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in