Maintenance - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maintenance

hello i have 2006 Pontiac gto automatic bright red. owned for 8 years now . 47000 miles . im on my second set of tires my first set wore evenly replaced all 4 with the same BFGoodrich that came on the car new. i have read all about the suspension issues in the form. i thought i was not going to have the issue with the front tires wearing on the very inside edge i keep close eye on mine just because of all that i have read about the radios rods and strut mounts. but i was looking my car over this weekend and noticed the drivers front tire on the very inside edge was down to almost cords ugh. was hoping i would not experience this due to me not driving the vehicle very much. but i guess not. i have read to replace radios rod bushings and strut mounts with polyurethane bushings. to correct the tire ware issue. my question is this. has anyone replaced there radios rod bushing with factory rubber bushing i really dont want polyurethane bushing on my car it just makes car ride and drive and feel different. i know its a sports car but i like to keep it smooth as i can. since it wont be strapped down again to be ship anywhere could i use the factory rubber and it still correct the alignment issue. any feed back would be great .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:53 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I put the poly ones on my car and it rides even better than before. I think if you get OEM rubber ones they'll just wear out again sooner than the poly ones. With the poly ones I have a nice, supple ride, no harshness at all. Radius rod bushings and strut mount bushings replacement happens to all of these cars if they're driven with any regularity.

1-7/8" ARH LTs, 3" Magnaflow exh.,Spec twin disc clutch, 402 stroker , Fast 102 w/Nick Williams TB, 1000 hp shaft & axles, cam, fuel & suspension upgrades. 500 rwhp, 484 rwtq
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johni53 View Post
I put the poly ones on my car and it rides even better than before. I think if you get OEM rubber ones they'll just wear out again sooner than the poly ones. With the poly ones I have a nice, supple ride, no harshness at all. Radius rod bushings and strut mount bushings replacement happens to all of these cars if they're driven with any regularity.
I agree. I also think that the stock BFG tires were not very good. When the car first came out one article said they were "harder than a banker's heart". I've gotten just as good of mileage and better traction with other tires.

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in