I have a 2005 6 speed Goat and I am interested in a few simple mods.
1) headlights- They came not properly adjusted so I had the dealer adjust them but they still aren't as bright as I thought they would be. I read on here that people like the 9005. Who makes it? I need something brighter than stock lights but that won't void warranty, burn out assembly. Should I have an aftermarket place install them? Dealers don't want to do anything.
2) I have seen a few threads on here about moonroofs. I am interested in putting one in. The in roof sunroof(Holden by Design) would take too much headroom.( I am 6,2.) Will rigidity, leaks, be a big issue? Noise problems? Funny thing is dealer doesn't seem to want to do anything and only one or two mechanics even know much of my car.
3) I want a power source near storage compartment without losing too much storage space. I like the hidden compartment. Any ideas?
4) I see the 2006 model has door lock button. I would like to get that as well.
5) Heated seats would be nice as well.
6) Tires- whew. 1 inch of snow ok in NY but anything more and watch out. Anyone buy studded tires?
7) Rims would be nice.
8) I want to replace the mirror. Gentex I see has one. Any other ideas?
9) Of course is a cold air intake really worth the money? Does one get that much performance?
10) If I do some upgrades is thius going to hurt the resale value? I may get the new Camaro or hopefully a future GTO.
I mean darn the Camaro with more options and cheaper or same cost, same performance-tough call.
My previous car was a 02 Maxima and had sunroof, plenty of headroom, mirror with compass, temp gauge, power locks, etc. What is up with the express down only locks?(express up too) Can that be fixed? My headlights, xenon, in the last car were far superior to the Goat's. Funny thing is it is hard to see in back with rearview mirror. Can't see that low to ground and side mirrors make it tough to see ground next to car when backing up. I love my GTO overall but would like to improve it aesthetically. I have called GM and Holden and I get the runaround. GM even tried to say with customer rep that the GTO is quite distinct from the Holden Monaro. What a crock? Over in Australia they add climate control, more gauges, bluetooth as well. I would love to get these things too. Maybe GM hurried up the production to get car over here but darn they seemed to compromise on finer things that a 32k should have. I had my mind set on the Infiniti G35 coupe because it looks nice, is luxurious, offers all the amenities and costs the same. However, it isn't even close to the performance of the Goat and there are a lot of G35s out there. So, how fast exactly is 1 sec faster than a G35? 1 car length? Just curious. Please help me out with my wish list. Any other ideas, such as sports package, etc wouldbe appreciated. Short throw shifter- hmm would be nice but I suspect will void the warranty?
Help me out guys. B