Need recommendations on GOOD dealers in Milwaukee/Waukesha(preferred) area - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need recommendations on GOOD dealers in Milwaukee/Waukesha(preferred) area

I live in the Menomonee Falls area,and have been taking my cars to Frascona Buick for awhile..He retired and Brookfield Pontiac took up his records and buick dealership,so I took my Monte SS there for work.Well now that I have this GTO,I decided to keep using them for questions or problems.

First issue I had was,upon purchase of the car from Foster Pontiac(hes retiring also),the car did NOT have a second set of keys,NO glove box keys,and NO security card thats supposed to come with the vehicle when new.

First step was to get a secondary ignition key with transmitter.I ordered the key etc..Got a phone call that the key was in,so I went to pick it up.Low and behold,it was an uncut key.The parts guy that took care of me was a great guy,very friendly,and told me that person who handled my call,was leaving the job to go back to another dealership,and that he would have to reorder the key,this time using my VIN,cut from the factory.

2 days later I called and inquired about getting 2 glovebox keys made,along with a new security card.I was quoted at $3 for the card,and a minimal amount for the keys.So i told em to go ahead and tack it on the order with the other key.

Called today to check on the status of the order.My new ingnition key/transmitter is in,but he was waiting on a door light that I had also purchased.I inquired about the glovebox key/card,and he told me to hold on,he well get the parts guy who handled that for me.

Parts manager came on,and I asked.He told me that according to his supervisor,there is NO way I can obtain this security card anymore,and that he was waiting for his GM guy to call back about the keys.

Unhappy with this outcome,I called Pontiac myself,and spoke with a real nice woman.I told her my issues,and that basically the dealership told me im screwed as far as the card comes.She laughed at this,and told me that I was far from being screwed,and proceeded to transfer me to another very helpful woman.

She took my info(name/address/VIN/dealership) after I told her the whole story.She put me on hold to research what was going on.She came back and told me that the dealership is where I would get this card from,along with the glovebox keys,and gave me a ticket number.I told her I was taking my car in for the shifter rattle and clunking noise from the passenger side rear,and that I would inform the parts people of what she said,and that I would have them call Pontiac and use the ticket number I had opened.

I called the dealership back,and talked to the parts manager(whom is the same person that told me his boss said NO way to get that card).He seemed shocked that I called Pontiac,and even more shocked when I told him what the woman told me.He also said that in his 6 years working there,hes never heard of them cutting keys at the dealership,and that they do not have the equiptment.

I told him the 800 number to call,and the ticket number to reference,and maybe that will make things alittle more clearer as to what I was advised of.If Brookfield Pontiac wants to give me a hard time over this,is there any other dealers that anyones dealt with,that seem more personable and more customer friendly in the Waukesha/Milwaukee area?

Yes I posted this on another GTO forum,but the more choices the merrier

Last edited by Tower; 10-19-2006 at 01:12 AM. Reason: updating info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 11:25 PM

Its pretty far from Millwaukee but Baraboo's Don Larson is very good to me and my Goat.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinfights View Post
Its pretty far from Millwaukee but Baraboo's Don Larson is very good to me and my Goat.
Baraboo is only about 1 1/2 hours away but one never knows,,,to get good service,it might be worth it..Any others?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Madison has quite the Goat selection i dont know how the service is. Your dealer sounds like he's jerking you around. Fin a big GM dealer that has a lot to lose if you call Pontiac on them for poor service.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

guess a big factor is...will these places provide me with a shuttle to and from

But since they know that Ive already been in contact with Pontiac,I wonder how much they will jerk me around,seeing as how I have an appointment with the dealer Wed.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:13 PM

Don Miller Pontiac/GMC in Madison has treated me well. The service area is clean, they use seat & floor covers, seem technically competent. I recommend them.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:02 AM

I bought my 04 m6 gto in august, and took it in to greenfield pontiac (just north of beloit road on hwy 100) to get my p/s door lock actuator replaced, the floor mat retainers, and also got them to replace all 4 tires under warranty due to excessive road force (causing vibration at 45mph+.) It did take a few days to get this done, but it was cheaper than paying $700 for tires and putting them on myself. Also, the way things are in milwaukee right now (i work for a chevy dealer) you could probably drop your car off with no appointment and get it worked on ASAP. The only complaint I have against GF Pontiac is that the service writer I had did not keep me informed of what was going on with my car, and kept telling me, "it's weird they would warranty all 4 tires" like I should be thanking them for fixing an obvious manufacturer's fault...not one caused by me. They also did provide me with a shuttle ride to work, I don't know if they would go all the way to the falls, but my dealer goes within 30 miles. If you are going to use GF, make sure your service writer is not Sean Miller, that guy is a fu*king douchebag. Other than that, they treated me pretty well.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

thanks for all the replies...ill have to check some of these dealers out
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

OK update...Parts person is working on the glove box keys..Service manager still insisted that I can NOT get the security card.So the parts manager came over and told him that Pontiac said its not something they give to parts people.The service manager has to get it.So he got my VIN etc,and is working on it.

GM has a new shifter out from what I was told,so thats on order (for the rattle)

Bushings are on order (for the slight knocking in the passenger rear area on turns and acceleration)

and just tonight,while driving home from picking my car up,we got a pretty nasty rain shower..and yep,if you see where this is going,your right..Driver side mid door...drips of water...WTF.

Anyone know if theres a suitable replacement molding or weatherstripping that is installed for the warranty work now? I read a few older posts about people having this issue,and the fixes did NOT work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in