New GTO, Starting problem! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New GTO, Starting problem!

I took delivery on 2004 GTO today and its already giving me issues! I went to start it and it starts but then instantly dies. After a few tries I got it to turn over and not die but its very frustrating!! Please let me know if anyone else is having or has had a similar issue and if so what the issue is! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:46 AM

Did you check fuel and spark? Any codes? Start there and report back.

<-- Guess which ones quicker?.....Nope! Not even close.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 AM

Take it back to the dealer since you just got it.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 01:54 PM

i had the EXACT same thing happen to me! do you also have problems unlocking your car from farther than like six feet? if so its just your key battery but the kicker is you have to buy a whole new black remote part of the key(reuse the actual metal key) i got a new one for mine and i have not had the problem since. also if you have a hook up to buy one at cost you can save a fortune and just program it your self! its super simple i went to the dealer to get a new key they wanted to charge me 150 bucks which is out of line, not to mention they wanted to charge more for programing! well i got a key for cost $45 dollars and programmed it myself and saved a hundred bucks and problem solved.

straight piped cat back, JBA shortys, JBA wires, AEM ca, and 421 slp tune
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegoat05 View Post
i had the EXACT same thing happen to me! do you also have problems unlocking your car from farther than like six feet? if so its just your key battery but the kicker is you have to buy a whole new black remote part of the key(reuse the actual metal key) i got a new one for mine and i have not had the problem since. also if you have a hook up to buy one at cost you can save a fortune and just program it your self! its super simple i went to the dealer to get a new key they wanted to charge me 150 bucks which is out of line, not to mention they wanted to charge more for programing! well i got a key for cost $45 dollars and programmed it myself and saved a hundred bucks and problem solved.
I'll take a key for $45... you should start a group buy and have everyone send you VINS so they can be cut and ready to go! I'm sure there would be a ton on interest.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM

you know that would be a great idea! but unfortunatly i dont work at the body shop anymore.. but when i did i could just call up the dealership and get anything i wanted for cost ha ha I must say that was the ONLY benifit i had for working there. also the $45 was for just the black part i re used the metal key that you would have to cut so im sure that would be more ha ha but still a huge savings. sorry but i may be able to figure a way to get cost prices if enough people wanted keys.. i just remembered i think my father in law can get cost.

straight piped cat back, JBA shortys, JBA wires, AEM ca, and 421 slp tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in