Newbie with Two Questions - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Newbie with Two Questions

So, I've been reading up on the skip shift eliminator and definitely want to get one, but when I searched I found one from Adaptive Performance that is supposedly a different type than the standard CAGS-type on e-Bay
(eBay Motors: Skip Shift Eliminator LT1 LS1 LS2 Plug and Play (item 360074437800 end time Aug-03-08 09:43:43 PDT))
Anyone have any experience with/knowledge of this? Is it really better or even different than the other type?

Secondly, I've already made a boo-boo on my car and would be interested in any ideas for a fix. The dealer put my license plate with their frame around it on the car when I took delivery, but used 2 unmatched screws to do it. I wanted to take the frame off anyway, and got new bolts too, but they turned out to be too big and I had already overtightened them . Now I have messed up the threads and the left one has a small crack. Any suggestions for a cheap repair that a not-very-handy guy could do, or would a dealer be able to fix it cheaply/for free?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Your e-bay link did not work so I could not see the part.

The part is cheap enough to go right to the company IMO. You'll get the right part that way.

Can be done in 5 minutes once the car is lifted and it works great.

Can't help you on plate issue though. Perhaps a filler will hold the screw and cover the crack for the new plate bracket.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

RE: Skip Shift Eliminator

There's several more at e-Bay; here's one - eBay Motors: Skip Shift Eliminator LT1 LS1 LS2 Plug and Play (item 120288475761 end time Aug-04-08 09:27:18 PDT)

Here's the description they give:
Quote:
What makes the Adaptive Performance Skip Shift Eliminators better than similar products on the market?
Our Skip Shift Eliminators are designed to eliminate the skip shift without relying on, or connecting to the CAGS solenoid, most of the other skip shift eliminators being manufactured do rely on or connect to the CAGS solenoid, We believe that is a bad idea! Why would you want to connect to and rely on the very thing you are trying to eliminate? In the event that their skip shift eliminator failed, what going to happen? Our design plugs into the vehicles wiring harness using a single Delphi connector that has the circuit embedded and sealed within the connector itself. We believe this is the only correct way to eliminate the skip shift function!
My question is, is this basically the same way the SLP or PFYC versions connect (to the wiring harness, as oppossed to directly to the CAGS solenoid)?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in