Nitrous Guys check in - NOS install on LS2 - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nitrous Guys check in - NOS install on LS2

I am currently in the process of installing the N.O.S. 05177 dry kit on my buddy’s C6 auto and on my 05 GTO auto. Both the cars share the LS2 and I was wondering has anybody out there tried this kit or a similar dry kit on there LS2 cars? If so, I've heard a lot about the toque management on these car and was wondering if this will give me any type of problems? Both cars will be running low jets no greater than 75 hp. I am very familiar with the kit and have done several installs on c5's and late model f-bodies and never ran into a problem; I am hoping this to be the same. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:20 AM

I haven't done it but I'm seriously considering a 150 shot wet, I'm stuck between that and a turbo.......problem is, every day I come to work I stair at the display turbo we have and it's beautiful!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
I haven't done it but I'm seriously considering a 150 shot wet, I'm stuck between that and a turbo.......problem is, every day I come to work I stair at the display turbo we have and it's beautiful!

lol! That is one thing I don't miss about sales.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:37 AM

Sad thing is, it's my own fault!! I'm the one that put the damn things in stock!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:37 AM

I believe the 517X series dry kits rely on using nitrous to spike the fuel pressure regulator into delivering more fuel, since the regulator is in the fuel sender assembly in the tank, how do you plan on doing this?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix
I believe the 517X series dry kits rely on using nitrous to spike the fuel pressure regulator into delivering more fuel, since the regulator is in the fuel sender assembly in the tank, how do you plan on doing this?
I don't know what you are referring to. The set up on the ls2 is no different than the ls1 when it comes to this kit. Also Im talking about the NOS 05177 kit not the 517x kit. I'm almost complete on a new c6 and there is no difference from my c5 ls1. Kit cost $570 out the door not including the heater.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagegoat
I don't know what you are referring to. The set up on the ls2 is no different than the ls1 when it comes to this kit. Also Im talking about the NOS 05177 kit not the 517x kit. I'm almost complete on a new c6 and there is no difference from my c5 ls1. Kit cost $570 out the door not including the heater.
So let me understand this, you're not adding fuel at all. I understand its a dry kit but shouldn't you add some fuel?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 12:56 PM

Yeah thats what I'm trying to understand, every 517X series Kit I've seen had a ,provision to spike the fuel pressure regulator, on a returnless car thats damn near impossible.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 08:33 AM

With a dry kit the Nitrous is injected into the intake before it hits the MAF sensor and the computer adds the extra fuel through the fuel injection system. Of course, you cant run a very large shot with a dry system because the stock FI system can only add so much fuel. I've heard of people running as high as a 150 dry shot on an LS1, but personally I wouldn't run more than 75 or 100 dry.

Last edited by stucker; 05-14-2005 at 08:42 AM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucker
With a dry kit the Nitrous is injected into the intake before it hits the MAF sensor and the computer adds the extra fuel through the fuel injection system. Of course, you cant run a very large shot with a dry system because the stock FI system can only add so much fuel. I've heard of people running as high as a 150 dry shot on an LS1, but personally I wouldn't run more than 75 or 100 dry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in