Oh Nooo... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Nooo...

I think I might have done it..SOB, I changed the oil last night and it got late so I quit till this morning when I put the skid plate back on and started it and let her run for a couple minutes shut it off and checked the oil and the dip stick was covered in a milky white slime a few minutes later after cussing & kicking I checked it again, it was not as bad but still there, soo I'm going to change it again and HOPE it was a bad quart of oil I dumped in, I know it was not there before I changed it last night but the oil was black and I possibly couldn't tell, anyway I might have a cracked block or something either way this sucks, maybe tomorrow I値l have more time and be able to track it down and find out what the problem is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:26 PM

Hope it not as bad as it sounds. Definitely sounds like water in the oil tho- - -
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:50 PM

that sucks. its time for a head job.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTEREGO
that sucks. its time for a head job.
At least the warrantee will cover it instead of me, I hear they are expensive now

after looking at my old oil very closely I could not find any sign of the water in it, so it makes me believe someone set me up, so I知 gonna change and flush the engine and see what happens, and just hope for the best

"Sheila" 1/322
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out please. After all, it's inevitable that someone else will have this problem (most likely ME with the kind of bad luck *I* have haha).
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_400
I think I might have done it..SOB, I changed the oil last night and it got late so I quit till this morning when I put the skid plate back on and started it and let her run for a couple minutes shut it off and checked the oil and the dip stick was covered in a milky white slime a few minutes later after cussing & kicking I checked it again, it was not as bad but still there, soo I'm going to change it again and HOPE it was a bad quart of oil I dumped in, I know it was not there before I changed it last night but the oil was black and I possibly couldn't tell, anyway I might have a cracked block or something either way this sucks, maybe tomorrow I値l have more time and be able to track it down and find out what the problem is
Hope it is something simple. If you can't tell if anything is wrong after you drain out that oil, you might want to turn in your oil for oil analysis. They can do a pretty good job at detecting the early signs of problems. I've used Blackstone labs. Here is an example of a report on a customer's Corvette:
Used Oil Analysis Report 1999 Corvette C5

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron_iv
Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out please. After all, it's inevitable that someone else will have this problem (most likely ME with the kind of bad luck *I* have haha).
Well after an engine flush with new oil and filter and many hopes & prayers the oil is staying clean but I guess only time and a couple miles will tell, it's got me scratchin my head tho.. where did it come from...? I used Pennzoil with a Pure One filter this is what I always used in all of my vehicles, never had this problem before tho...that oil analysis sounds like a good idea and another thing it's been 2,675mi sience this oil change and the oil was black as tar and kinda thick, I知 guessing its the conventional oil breaking down due to the heat, but the oil analysis I知 sure will me help a lot

"Sheila" 1/322
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:03 PM

Two things, one an AC Delco or K&N oil filter and Mobil 1 full synthetic! IMHO
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:37 PM

You can't go wrong with Mobil 1. I have 7,153 trouble free miles with no problems. Seriously, Mobil 1 is good stuff. Engines have been taken apart at 150,000 plus miles, with very little wear.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

I was told these short trips I have been taken was bad on the oil?..I guess,
and any good quality oil and filter changed frequently will make these newer engines pretty much last forever, the best thing they ever done was to get rid of those carburetors, those things killed many engines can ya just imagine a 400hp Chevelle in '68 getting 18-24 MPG or the engine getting over 150k mi anyway back to the short trips I been taken, I had this car for 7 months and got just over 4500mi on her now and this was the 2nd oil change I guess I'll see how the next 3000mi work out

"Sheila" 1/322
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in