Old Fob Died. Hooked up Battery, cant disable alarm or start car - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Old Fob Died. Hooked up Battery, cant disable alarm or start car

Hi all, I'm in need of some help.

On my brother's 04 GTO, the old fob was shot, and no longer worked. I ordered a new fob, but haven't had the chance to program it yet.

This is due to when I hooked up the battery after taking it out and charging it, the alarm system goes off. With no programmed remote to the car, I cannot turn off the alarm, and therefore cannot start the car at all.

Is there any way to get around this, or am I screwed? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in