Please Help Downshifting Issue - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please Help Downshifting Issue

Hey guys I have a problem downshifting from 3rd to 2nd where the car literally doesn't slow down. It allows me to shift down to 2nd no problem no grinding, but it doesn't slow down even with a rev match and the mixture of brakes unless I really step down on them. I've always used engine braking, but this is a real problem. Also 2nd gear has always been an issue with my car as upshifting to 2nd is not easy and grinds half the time. My mechanic tells me that my 2nd gear synchro is worn, could this be the downshifting issue i'm witnessing? All help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in