Question about the popualr issue with the fuel rail line being slowly cut..... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question about the popualr issue with the fuel rail line being slowly cut.....

Ok I have a 05 a4 gto and I learned here on the forums about the fule rail line being slowly cut with the gto engine cover on the driver side. So I cut a square area with my dremel tool and seems better now.

Now the fuel line feels like rubber on the outside surface but the inside feels hard, what kine and or how is this fuel line made out of? Also does soemone have a link to a better fuel line, and how do you go about changing it? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 AM

There are quite a few people who have sadly had to deal with the fuel line fire, but there are also a lot of us who have never had a problem at all. Some with 100k+ miles or near that. If you just want to deal with it just as a precaution, you could either just remove the FRC all together, or you can slip a rubber sleeve over the line where it is known to rub. Instead of buying an entire new line, I would just use the rubber sleeve. But thats just my 2 cents =)

Also there was just a recent thread on this. Search it up, you will find a lot of info
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 AM

A few years ago I bought a steel braded fuel line from Summit Racing, I think Russell made it. I used it for about a year until the o-ring started leaking. I've been using the stock line every since. I don't know what the stock one is made up of. I've heard it had a steel braid under the rubber. I've haven't seen pictures of a cut away one yet.

Looks like they chaged the design after I purchased one. Russell Performance - Assembled Fuel Hose Kits

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in