Question to any who care! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sub-woofer Question to any who care!

Ok guys, I've tried for weeks to get sub woofers hooked up in my trunk to the factory stereo. But everyone keeps telling me that i need a 150 dollar out-put converter on the existing amp. But I think I can wire a standard converter in before the signal gets amped, can i or can't I? And where the HELL is that amp located at, everyone keeps saying under the passenger seat...it's not there unless i'm blind and stupid. And another thing....How's come you never see a pontiac car listed in any top racing video games such as Grand Turismo.....is it gonna be in the 4th one? the have camaro's but no T/A's or such......WTF? I do know that the holden CV8 is in the need for speed hot pursiut game...doesn't hold a candle to the mcClaren or the Ferrari F-50 though

Last edited by 05GTO; 12-04-2004 at 08:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 03:48 PM

I read on another thread that the amp was in trunk area.........check that thread would be my advice
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Lambertgoat,

Your subs will need to be powered by a seperate amp, click here for an Amplifier Wiring Diagram of a typical set-up. The diagram also includes hyperlinks to better explain the connections. The amp should receive it's signal from your radio's preamp outputs through RCA cables. I don't think the GTO has a seperate amp other than what is built into the radio to provide 200 watts. This diagram shows 2 amps, one for your standard speakers and one for the sub woofer. You may not need the amp for the standard speakers.

Randy

Last edited by 05GTO; 12-01-2004 at 04:21 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTO
Lambertgoat,

Your subs will need to be powered by a seperate amp, click here for an Amplifier Wiring Diagram of a typical set-up. The diagram also includes hyperlinks to better explain the connections. The amp should receive it's signal from your radio's preamp outputs through RCA cables. I don't think the GTO has a seperate amp other than what is built into the radio to provide 200 watts.
yeah i know that much, i have the system from another truck i had it in, and it's just taking up space i think jl's would sound awful nice in that car, but don't know how much the gas tank will absorb???hmmm??
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Administrator

I did a search on this site and found where you have been working on this for a month or so. Here is a Line Output Converter that you may be able to connect to one of your rear speakers. I can't believe the factory radio does not have RCA outputs.

Randy

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 07:42 AM

lambertgoat,

I have found the factory amp and it is in the trunk. Open your trunk and then you have to pull the carpet back on the left side. The amp in inside the outer fender. It isn't really very accessible.

As for Pontiacs in games, a car list I found for Gran Turismo 4 had the '04 GTO in it. I will be getting this game if this is the case just so I can "pimp my ride". A thing to keep in mind is that all these games have to have permission from the car manufacturer in order to use the likeness of their cars in the game. Maybe Pontiac in the past did not.

Chuck

Last edited by chagloch; 12-02-2004 at 07:47 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chagloch
lambertgoat,

I have found the factory amp and it is in the trunk. Open your trunk and then you have to pull the carpet back on the left side. The amp in inside the outer fender. It isn't really very accessible.

As for Pontiacs in games, a car list I found for Gran Turismo 4 had the '04 GTO in it. I will be getting this game if this is the case just so I can "pimp my ride". A thing to keep in mind is that all these games have to have permission from the car manufacturer in order to use the likeness of their cars in the game. Maybe Pontiac in the past did not.

Chuck
Chuck,

Does the amp have RCA outputs?

Randy

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTO
Chuck,

Does the amp have RCA outputs?
If memory serves me correctly, no.

Chuck
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 06:57 PM

The new release "Need for Speed Underground 2" has the 2004 GTO in it. I have played it and the GTO is the drift King in stock condition. That doesnt even include the upgrades you can put on it. The game is definitely worth trying. I tried on PC but they have it for XBOX and PS2. Have fun.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 AM

"Need for Speed:Hot pursuit" also had the GTO in its Australian version, the Holden HSV Monaro
if memory serves me right I believe you can also use it as a cop car too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in