Repost: Exhaust popping - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Repost: Exhaust popping

I know we already had a post on this already but I just had the two rear mufflers chopped and had straight pipes installed the only thing that bugs the heck outta me is the louder popping, I think I read in the older post and I think others said that a X pipe eliminated the popping I'm not sure, anyone???

On top of that when they got the goat on the lift I noticed some deep scratches on her, and on the way home I get rear-ended by a chick in a 300c what a day huh?... off to call the body shop and pay a $500 deductable to Insurance there goes the Auto X grilles and the Lingenfelter CAI money

DAYM CHICK IN YER 300C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707GTOLS2
I know we already had a post on this already but I just had the two rear mufflers chopped and had straight pipes installed the only thing that bugs the heck outta me is the louder popping, I think I read in the older post and I think others said that a X pipe eliminated the popping I'm not sure, anyone???

On top of that when they got the goat on the lift I noticed some deep scratches on her, and on the way home I get rear-ended by a chick in a 300c what a day huh?... off to call the body shop and pay a $500 deductable to Insurance there goes the Auto X grilles and the Lingenfelter CAI money

DAYM CHICK IN YER 300C
sorry to here bout that dude. why do u have to pay a ded.? it was here fault
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Hey thanks EEZ but yea I called the chick a little bit earlier An we worked out that she just pay for the deductible but when we were talking she kept throwin me different answers so I'll just pay it and wait for her to pay me back...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 09:52 PM

If she hit you from behind, it is her fault. You don't need to pay a deductible at all. She pays her deductible and turns it into her insurance company. They get you a rental and pay for your car to be fixed.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 10:04 PM

got pics??
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

I'll post pics in the morning a couple of scratches on the bumper and the valence
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 10:58 PM

If she hit you, then just contact her insurance company directly. You don't even have to deal with her. It will be on her liability insurance, which won't even cost her a deductible. If the repair is over $1000, then her rates will go up, however. Don't sacrifice and miss out on the LCAI. It is good.

Also, I recommend when you get it fixed if you can work it in to consider painting the rear letters "GTO" in red. I like the look of mine and get compliments.

I have the Magnaflow true X exhaust on mine and cut the mufflers from this system and went with 6" straight through bullet type mufflers. Very close to a straight pipe. Sounds really good and the popping is minimal - a little more than when it was stock, but not bad.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks agen guys I talked to her earlier and her insurance is gunna cover the damage.

So the Magnaflow X pipe works? any others?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 04:27 AM

Not sure if an x pipe will eliminate it
Mine got worse after the headers and x pipe.
I read a post somewhere that the popping had something to do with the grind of the stock cam....but dont take that as gospel.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks route 66 yea my buddy told me in his 2002 WS-6 had the same problem with his after he swapped everything out then it stopped popping after he stuck a new cam in there. At, least it sounds alot better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in