SLP intake? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SLP intake?

Has SLP mad an air intake for the GTO yet. I can't seem to find anything about them on the site?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 04:42 PM

It is the same motor that is in the Vette and Camaros. They make intakes for the LS1.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Ok thanks for the help. Thats waht i thought, but wasnt quite sure.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wick
It is the same motor that is in the Vette and Camaros. They make intakes for the LS1.
Hold up a second. The Vette and F-Body cars have completely different intakes along with the GTO. It may be the same motor, but getting air under the hood is different. For example, the Vette has a ram air intake on all models while the F-body has a different ram air setup only on the WS6 and SS. All other F-body cars have an airbox. The airbox on the GTO is located in completely different location and putting an intake from a Vette or F-body would not be a wise idea. Before you make a statement like they make intakes for the LS1, understand the vehicles.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 07:03 PM

Air box location has nothing to do with the intakes thats on the vehicle. They all have the same intakes on them, the hose assemlby and the throttle bodies are what is different. GM does not make 3 different intakes for the same motor.

So yes, I do understand the vehicles and they do make an intake for them. Obviously you dont know much about the cars.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 07:36 PM

what he is trying to say is that teh intakes are set-up differently... like an aftermarket vette intake will not work with a GTO and same with camaro and stuff
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 07:24 AM

Intake 'manifolds' are basically the same for the LS1 but the cold air 'intake' is different (trying to help clarify what the originator of the thread was trying to ask, I believe). Interestingly, pre 2002, the intake 'manifold' on the LS1 (aluminum block and heads) was different than the one on the 2004 GTO. The 2004 GTO has the LS6 manifold as have 2002 and later LS1s as I recall (I had a 2000 C5 with the LS1 and had considered putting the LS6/2002 and later LS1 manifold on it for the extra 5+/- it was claimed to yield). K&N and Lingenfelter both make CAIs for the 2004 GTO with TB to MAF connecting pipe that fits the GTO. AEM is reportedly coming out with one shortly as is, I believe, at least one other (either Vararam or Volant----can't recall).
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 07:46 PM

Not only does SLP make one but it doesn't cost that much, draws air from all sides and works excellent. It doen't cost much either and gives your engine a snarl... I love mine and you on;y have to take off the top half of the air box, leave the bottom half in place for warranty or major dealer work etc.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/544393

I bought mine from EPP they post here sometimes.

We can talk about what things do and why all day or we can buy one and put it on and see if it works. I chose to do the latter...

I need to get this SLP Pulley on next, time and money...

Last edited by MaxHax; 11-20-2004 at 07:48 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

lol thanks for the help. Do you think the kandn would be better since it doesnt have an airbox?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 10:06 PM

Neither SLP or K&N have an airbox and both would probably net the same results I was talking about when you install (referencing the stock air box.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in