SLP LT Header Install tips? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SLP LT Header Install tips?

I decided to order up a set of SLP lt headers (http://tinyurl.com/8n82o). As far as I can tell, we do not have anyone experienced with these on the 2005 GTOs in our area. If anyone has installed these on a 2005 and has tips, tricks, recommendations, etc., it would be greatly appreciated. My set should arrive in about two weeks. Are the instructions that come with it fairly thorough?

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 AM

Get ready to spend about 4 hours or so on your car, do you have access to a lift? If not your going to cuss a lot! You'll have to diconnect and swing down the steering rack (scariest part for some...), make sure that you mark the steering shaft so you will get it close to "center". I've done a ton of SLP header installs so give me a call if you need anything.
cell 817.905.3329
work 817.589.3316
Steve A.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
Get ready to spend about 4 hours or so on your car, do you have access to a lift? If not your going to cuss a lot! You'll have to diconnect and swing down the steering rack (scariest part for some...), make sure that you mark the steering shaft so you will get it close to "center". I've done a ton of SLP header installs so give me a call if you need anything.
cell 817.905.3329
work 817.589.3316
Steve A.
A friend owns a shop, and he has a couple of nice lifts. I'm planning on 6 hours, since I'm sure we'll take longer than those experienced with headers on these cars. I am looking forward to getting them installed! Thanks for the tip!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgoat
A friend owns a shop, and he has a couple of nice lifts. I'm planning on 6 hours, since I'm sure we'll take longer than those experienced with headers on these cars. I am looking forward to getting them installed! Thanks for the tip!
Cool, let me know if you need anything! My cell is on me all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in