Smoked my clutch in reverse, any damage? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smoked my clutch in reverse, any damage?

Rushing to drop off $400. to my partner flying out to Venezuela, I pull up to the airport terminal behind one of those terminal buses and then the bus decides to back up, so I put the car in R (for Race) and dropped the clutch.

Tire hoppin', Rubba burnin', reverse immediate evacuation. Got a whole lot of clutch smoke in the car I hate that smell. Saved the nose of the car, though.

Think I did any damage ? Think I glazed it ?

Ellis Juan seems to be a.o.k. Haven't tried a good launch yet but it seems to hook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 04:03 PM

Hmmm...popping the clutch in reverse probably added material to the clutch plate...so now your clutch will last longer, right?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
Hmmm...popping the clutch in reverse probably added material to the clutch plate...so now your clutch will last longer, right?
You're killin' me! As long as she still runs good I wouldn't worry, however if she starts givin you problems let me know I have two SLP clutch packages waiting to ship for cheap!!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
You're killin' me! As long as she still runs good I wouldn't worry, however if she starts givin you problems let me know I have two SLP clutch packages waiting to ship for cheap!!!

Making a living off others misfortunes, yet another addition to the long list of bloodsuckers in this nation...

J/K
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:26 AM

Yes, and I'm very proud of it!!!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:50 AM

Salesman At Your Fingertips

Some people may find it annoying that GTODEALER always offers his products, but think of it as access to a supplier who knows his customers are knowledgeable(a whole forum) so he doesn't BS. If you need something he is avail and you can trust him or he may be bashed non stop in his best marketplace. HERE.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumrah
Some people may find it annoying that GTODEALER always offers his products, but think of it as access to a supplier who knows his customers are knowledgeable(a whole forum) so he doesn't BS. If you need something he is avail and you can trust him or he may be bashed non stop in his best marketplace. HERE.
Werd.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumrah
Thanks, I always try to help and extend my services, sometimes it pisses people off 'cause they think I'm just interested in sales. While sales are important to me, I'm doing this for all of us, I screw up sometimes but hey we're all human....
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 03:24 PM

Whoa, back up the accusatory truck. If there was something wrong with my Goat, GTODealer would be the first to know about it in an attempt to cut costs. Please note the J/K for just kidding at the trail end of the thread.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

only thing wrong with my GTO is the owner is still paying for two future college educations and dad's only toy has to wait in line.

Our resident far north Houston Dealer will get my business 'cause:
1. He's GM
2. another GTO / Holden enhthusiast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in