Spoiler ? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spoiler ?

Many of you have removed the spoiler, but I don't recall the reasons why other than asthetics. Does anyone have any figures on the functionality of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 02:13 PM

The spoiler is not very stiff. You can deform it with little hand pressure.

Based on that, I'd think it has limited functionality and probably deforms at high speeds.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:37 PM

The spoiler performs no function, yet makes up for that by looking absolutely dorky and cluttering nice sheetmetal lines.

Obviously a Pontiac idea.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:04 PM

I'd like to try the one from Arrowhead Performance, but for $425 primed, I'd need to see it in person, or more pics before I decide to part with my money.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGoat
I'd like to try the one from Arrowhead Performance, but for $425 primed, I'd need to see it in person, or more pics before I decide to part with my money.
Be very, very careful...the stuff I've seen from AP has been of very poor quality.

It's a shame, because I like the fact that it uses the stock holes.

This one, however, is very sexy...but it will involve getting your spoiler holes filled. From JHP in Oz.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some are removing them because they are non-functional and some are removing them because they like the lip on the trunk lid that is hidden by the spoiler. I for one like the spoiler but I might remove it just to free up some more weight along with the skid plate (already gone), heavy ass stock exhaust manifolds (replaced with headers) and stock mufflers and intermediate pipe w/resonators (gone bye-bye too). I've probably only freed up about 60 pounds or so but any weight loss off this hefty swine is worth it.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ
Some are removing them because they are non-functional and some are removing them because they like the lip on the trunk lid that is hidden by the spoiler. I for one like the spoiler but I might remove it just to free up some more weight along with the skid plate (already gone), heavy ass stock exhaust manifolds (replaced with headers) and stock mufflers and intermediate pipe w/resonators (gone bye-bye too). I've probably only freed up about 60 pounds or so but any weight loss off this hefty swine is worth it.
You're on your way to obtaining some decent ET's. Every 100lbs. is .10 second off your elapsed time

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 PM

This one, however, is very sexy...but it will involve getting your spoiler holes filled. From JHP in Oz.

[/QUOTE]

We're on the same page here. I emailed them a while back about details and the fact they didn't use the origional holes was a let-down - Very nice spoiler though!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
Be very, very careful...the stuff I've seen from AP has been of very poor quality.

It's a shame, because I like the fact that it uses the stock holes.

.... I was at a car show and was "lucky" enough to see one of the Arrowhead Stage 2 cars, all I have to say is I've seen cheap ass import body kits that looked better! I'm not out to piss anyone off, just stating facts, the front "chin" spoiler was held on by rivets and didn't line up at all. The rear fascia didn't match the lines of the car at all, and the hood didn't line up with the feners at all, it was horrible!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
The spoiler performs no function, yet makes up for that by looking absolutely dorky and cluttering nice sheetmetal lines.

Obviously a Pontiac idea.
To each his own. I like the look of the spoiler on the PBM GTO. That dorky comment might have something to do w/ your yellow color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in