System Diagnostic Test - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
System Diagnostic Test

Has anyone tried the systems diagnostic test? You are able to enter the computers diagnostic by holding down the mode & set buttons while turning on the car.

There is a bunch of information that it gives like battery voltage, brake voltage, and other useful information but I have a question on specifically the "Trouble Code" portion. On mine it displays a series of "0" for the most part but I do have two "1" listed. This to me means that there must be something wrong in two different areas of the car.

The funny thing is that the car just got serviced by Mr. Goodwrench who failed to mention anything. I checked the car before I gave it to them to service and the same two "1"'s showed and I re-checked it after I got it back and they were not cleared.

I really dislike this dealership because they seem to not know much about the GTO and any questions I have they don't have answers for.
I get most of my answers from fellow GTO owners on this forum.

My question is, can anyone check their systems diagnostic and see if any "1"'s are listed? I am going to take it back to the dealer and ask them but before I do I want to know if anyone else is experiencing something similar.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Will look at lunch and let ya know what I see...
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btchplz
Has anyone tried the systems diagnostic test? You are able to enter the computers diagnostic by holding down the mode & set buttons while turning on the car.

There is a bunch of information that it gives like battery voltage, brake voltage, and other useful information but I have a question on specifically the "Trouble Code" portion. On mine it displays a series of "0" for the most part but I do have two "1" listed. This to me means that there must be something wrong in two different areas of the car.question is, can anyone check their systems diagnostic and see if any "1"'s are listed? I am going to take it back to the dealer and ask them but before I do I want to know if anyone else is experiencing something similar.

Had not been here before , so Thanks for the heads-up...

Regarding your question : Two rows of zeros in my case (no ones)...

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 PM

Did the last one freak you out? It did me the first time I tried it out, I thought I screwed something up! lol!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover
Did the last one freak you out? It did me the first time I tried it out, I thought I screwed something up! lol!
The last one being the Gauge dial check ? - kinda did , but then remembered it from another threads comments , just at that time didn't understand that thread's comment.
I will be writing this info down and keeping for baseline references...
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 02:27 PM

I have all zero's on mine. BTW: the brake voltage goes from 2.0v to 0.0 when you raise the parking brake. Not sure why they are monitoring that...

I use the digital water temp all the time at the track. With both fans on high, I can maintain 178-181 degrees with a 160 thermo...

J
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:35 PM

Help me out with this, I just went down, started up my car, held onto both the mode and set button, and all I got were the display changes, options menu with volume control, etc. No error code check, or battery /brake display.

Am I missing something?! Thanks,
Dave
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM

Hold both buttons, then use your third hand to turn on the ignition.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerGTO
Help me out with this, I just went down, started up my car, held onto both the mode and set button, and all I got were the display changes, options menu with volume control, etc. No error code check, or battery /brake display.

Am I missing something?! Thanks,
Dave
Hold the mode and set button down , and then start the car . As I remember the mode button will cycle you thru the different readings...
Yea I thought this procedure was ackward too but worth the twisted wrist.

Last edited by Xcommuter; 08-11-2005 at 03:47 PM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rogers
I have all zero's on mine. BTW: the brake voltage goes from 2.0v to 0.0 when you raise the parking brake. Not sure why they are monitoring that...

I use the digital water temp all the time at the track. With both fans on high, I can maintain 178-181 degrees with a 160 thermo...

J
If you ever noticed, your DRL's do not come on until you release the parking brake upon the first start. When you put it back on they do not turn off though. Anyway, that may be what they are using that input for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in