These gas prices are killing me!!! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These gas prices are killing me!!!

With the recent increase of gas prices I was just wondering have any of you dropped to mid-grade or regular in your Goats? Will this effect the LS2 engine in a bad way other than a slight loss in performance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 01:36 PM

The most I've ever put in my car was 13 or so gallons. So I figure saving a dime a gallon is only 1.30, 20cents is 2.60. I'd rather pay the extra 2.60 or so a fill up and feel like I'm not doing anything detrimental to the engine. I also plan to change oil at 3k or so also, spending money as additional comfort in taking care of engine. And besides, they say it will effect performance and while I've not actually had the need for all the power the goat puts out (as in a race), just in case I do have a legitimate need to get somewhere in a real hurry, I'll spend the money and keep feed her the good stuff. Only fuel I've run the the Shell V Super stuff. I just think in the long run it might save money and it ain't gonna hurt the goat to sip the good stuff during her life.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 03:32 PM

I only run Premium in my high compression (10.9) V8...
I moved from BP to Chevron Techron 93 at currently $3.00 per gallon.
My Goat is so fun to drive , I pay the price and enjoy the V8 , sure maybe more crusing at posted , but when the moment appears - hard to not enjoy 400/400.
It's not like I didn't know the mileage when I bought my GTO and that Premium was required and/or $4.00/gallon was looming. As my monthly gas bill increases , I adjust my other spending and the mods stay on paper instead of in the garage...

Last edited by Xcommuter; 09-01-2005 at 03:39 PM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:02 PM

Kinda Wild , how prices go up 10 cents from morning to evening at the station I filled up this morning. I saw gas lines at the cheapest stations (3 pumps and 15 cars)... Named Brands ranged from 2.99 to 3.49 for Premium here in North Fla.
I also heard on the radio Premium running $6.00 a gallon in Georgia...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:55 PM

Tried regular, it runs fine - no pinging. Unless your really running it harder you won't notice...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcommuter
I only run Premium in my high compression (10.9) V8...
I moved from BP to Chevron Techron 93 at currently $3.00 per gallon.
My Goat is so fun to drive , I pay the price and enjoy the V8 , sure maybe more crusing at posted , but when the moment appears - hard to not enjoy 400/400.
It's not like I didn't know the mileage when I bought my GTO and that Premium was required and/or $4.00/gallon was looming. As my monthly gas bill increases , I adjust my other spending and the mods stay on paper instead of in the garage...

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcommuter
Kinda Wild , how prices go up 10 cents from morning to evening at the station I filled up this morning. I saw gas lines at the cheapest stations (3 pumps and 15 cars)... Named Brands ranged from 2.99 to 3.49 for Premium here in North Fla.
I also heard on the radio Premium running $6.00 a gallon in Georgia...
its true in atlanta
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goat
Tried regular, it runs fine - no pinging. Unless your really running it harder you won't notice...
dum dum dum dum dummmmmmmmmmmm i had a grand prix 98 with a s/c dayton edtion. i was on the road vactioning and put reg (87) in it. cranked it up and it went bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbb did not want to start. use the good stuff and save the goats from extinion (sp)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 06:34 AM

I'd rather leave her in the garage filled with premium than put lower octane fuel in to save a dollar or two. I plan on keeping my GTO for a long long time as a toy (its not a daily driver so I have that option), so I would never put in the low octane stuff. I would constantly wonder if I was hurting anything. I didn't buy it to save money on gas, so like someone said above, another $2 or so a tank full, it's worth it for my sanity.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 12:14 PM

Cry me a river would you?

Ok, first of all, with the exception of Groucho and maybe two others, I have a legitimate claim as to bitch about gasoline prices. I drive 115 miles a day (5-6 times a week), and I am currently getting 21 miles to the gallon overall (city and highway) @ $3.45/gallon for premium - thatís $18.89 a day just getting to work and back people.

You knew buying the goat that it wasn't an Insight, so why are you second guessing yourself now and attempting to put water in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in