User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealernut
Aren't you a bit outside the factory warranty anyways?
Nope...got the 100k coverage...and I'm nearly 70k into it now.

I haven't done much to the engine either.

Post warranty, however....muhahahahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:53 PM

Nice!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:39 PM

as far as voiding my warranty with mods im worried because from what ive read so far on this board most goat owners experience there problems within the first 10k miles...or am i way off on this one?

dude

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 PM

Working at a dealer comes in handy. We dont really mind covering things under warranty. Unless is obvious that the aftermarket part caused the failure. We have a few people comming in here with full exhaust, superchargers etc on there GTO and other vehicles. But in some cases if we were to warranty a part that was damaged due to lets say a supercharger or something, and GM asks for the failed part or parts back. Which they inspect, and find something they shouldnt have, they can charge the dealer back or even have the customer bring his car back for a GM rep to inspect.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertr2000 View Post
Defective paint wouldn't have been caused by a Turbo or a supercharger and, I would think, should be covered.

Well, maybe they could say that the car is now soooo fast that the speed is causing the paint to come off.........

Seriously, I had one of the injectors making a nasty ticking noise, I thought it was a lifter it was so loud. I told the dealer that one of the lifters was ticking and they told me it was because of the headers...... WTF?!?!?!? It took some looking into and I found out what it was on my own.....

For the sweet sound of power,

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 03:19 PM

my cars in the shop now.3k on it, loose bearing...haven't seen it in two and a half weeks...you guys are scaring the crap outa me!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 08:00 PM
hsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Nope...got the 100k coverage...and I'm nearly 70k into it now.

I haven't done much to the engine either.

Post warranty, however....muhahahahaha.
So... where do you get your car serviced?

HSV.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
my cars in the shop now.3k on it, loose bearing...haven't seen it in two and a half weeks...you guys are scaring the crap outa me!
How bad was the noise (I'm assuming it was making a noise)when you brought it to the dealer? Did it increase with RPMs?
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Aftermarket Wheels and a Dead Link

I don't have a lot of experience with forums, in general, and this is only my second post, here. So, I don't know if it's all right to resurrect this old thread. If I should start a new one, then let me know. Thanks

Anyway, I was happy to see this sticky, because I just bought a '06 GTO, 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I want to do some modifications. My concern is that it still has about 3 months of original bumper-to-bumper warranty, as well as another 12 months from GM certification.

Unfortunately, the original link ( http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124 ), that started this thread, is no longer working. I tried a few google searches, but could not find anything more than other forum posts on the subject. It would be great to have another, working, link to some verifiable/trustworthy information.

From what I found in these forums, the Lingefelter CAI, that was on the car at purchase, as well as the catback exhaust I just ordered, are highly unlikely to void any part of my warranty, beyond the replaced parts. However, I am researching a staggered wheel setup, with 245 front and 275 back tires, along with some sort of suspension work. I'm considering a full Pedder's system, or I might just take it piece-by-piece. How could these changes affect the rest of my powertrain warranty?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatNoob View Post
I don't have a lot of experience with forums, in general, and this is only my second post, here. So, I don't know if it's all right to resurrect this old thread. If I should start a new one, then let me know. Thanks

Anyway, I was happy to see this sticky, because I just bought a '06 GTO, 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I want to do some modifications. My concern is that it still has about 3 months of original bumper-to-bumper warranty, as well as another 12 months from GM certification.

Unfortunately, the original link ( http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124 ), that started this thread, is no longer working. I tried a few google searches, but could not find anything more than other forum posts on the subject. It would be great to have another, working, link to some verifiable/trustworthy information.

From what I found in these forums, the Lingefelter CAI, that was on the car at purchase, as well as the catback exhaust I just ordered, are highly unlikely to void any part of my warranty, beyond the replaced parts. However, I am researching a staggered wheel setup, with 245 front and 275 back tires, along with some sort of suspension work. I'm considering a full Pedder's system, or I might just take it piece-by-piece. How could these changes affect the rest of my powertrain warranty?
You'd have better luck in a new thread.

I don't see how the suspension would cause an issue. If you broke something like a drive shaft or clutch, it's possible the dealer could point to the wider back tires/added traction as the cause.

BTW, I have a Pedders Street II and 245/275 staggered setup. The Pedders is great. My first time truly pushing the car to its handling limits, I had the "fastest Pontiac" around the autocross last weekend at Pontiacs in the Park, and I'm not a frequent auto-x participant. I blew it in the 1/4 though....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in