Today will be a very good day! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today will be a very good day!

Well, yesterday I got my SLP True Dual from EPP...

Toay it looks like my MAF and BMR and other SLP stuff like the CAI and Pulley etc will be here too! Patience is tough..

I was starting to worry because it showed they were still in Florida as of last night! God Bless Holly of EPP!

Nov 4, 2004
6:36 A.M.
SACRAMENTO, CA, US
OUT FOR DELIVERY ** <------------
3:17 A.M. SACRAMENTO, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
12:52 A.M. RICHMOND, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Nov 3, 2004
8:40 A.M.
RICHMOND, CA, US
ARRIVAL SCAN
Oct 29, 2004
11:33 A.M.
JACKSONVILLE, FL, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
4:47 A.M. JACKSONVILLE, FL, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Oct 28, 2004
9:50 P.M.
TAMPA, FL, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
9:00 P.M. TAMPA, FL, US ORIGIN SCAN
4:32 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 08:23 PM

Why

WHY? Is all info important to us.Sure we all want to go faster but do you really think we care which state it is in, let alone which county it is being shipped threw.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

I'll post the pics to my website. Talk about a buzz kill man. I was gonna upload everything here. Forgive me for being excited. I'm starting to think maybe I am on the wrong forum.

I ordered this stuff Oct 16th so was excited. It won't happen again on this forum. Heck my gallery images still say "pending approval" 4 days later?

Thanks Joey for the buzzkill you feel better?

I'll find a new home to share my pics and that way you won't have to read my post. Why did you read ity anyway and respond if you have zero interest?

Hmmm. Bye...

Have a nice day....

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 08:45 PM

I have major intrest, but it is just to much.I think you are in the right place.
From seeing what I am reading there will be know responce.I cant even get a answer on warranty issuses. Maybe it's just me. I promise I didnt mean no
harm.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hey Max,

Can you do a before and after with the mods. Maybe a dyno or something. I would like to build my 2005 when it arrives.

Thanks for the helpful information, it's good to know how long we should expect for deliverly.

Randy

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

I'm going through a time time right now is all but yeah my plan is before and after pics and dyno on my website. This is my 4th F-Bod, I bracket race in the low 12's and still maintain daily driver status which is easier said than done and it takes others to learn what to do and not to do. I will upload the pics then post the link and you will see why I love SLP so much, attention to detail at their plant but yeah it was a slow process and EPP was with me all the way. Even the BMR stuff was slow coming out of their plant but man it's night and day when put next to stock!

Pics in a bit, installs this week, dyno tomorow stock I need a baseline.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

OK some new pics are up...

First off is the after market STB side by side with the stock. Although the BMR is lighter the design and tubalar strenght and size is immediately appparent out of the box.

The SLP CAI is simple and straight forward, itt came late but look like a 30 minute install. First thing you notice is the biggest K&N type air filter you have ever seen. Roughly as long as the stock air box!

Lastly the pully. The detail is like it was hand chiseled and comes in a very nice box with a very stout bolt, instructions and stickors galore! You will need two smaller belts that do not come with the pulley. Tommorow I should have the STB , exhaust and CAI on. Then the pulley then headers, then I must get that hood and skid plate!

Here ya go, click the pic to enlarge!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...5&val=1&page=2
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Ooops forgot the SLP Dual

The race resonators are stanoed with a very nice SLP Logo and the two tips seem slighlty larger than stock.

I will have my camera under the car for before and after install of the SLP Catback.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/544393/1

I am thinking of adding just one resonator right under the seats to lessen drone, I have to see under the car first.

I plan on being there at 8am and the exhaust is already in my trunck ready to go!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 01:24 PM

Hey Max Did You Go With The Loudmouth Exhaust From Slp Or The Other Quieter Kit? I'm Trying To Decide Between The Slp,corsa, Or Borla Cat-back Exhaust Systems.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Loudmouth, I'm moving out of California and it flows better. A resonator will quiet it down without restrictions for about 50 bucks. I like loud and flow, it's a personal preference. The Loudmouth has been used by online friends for years so I figured it was tried and tested and could quiet it a little if needed and save some money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in