Is a trade worth it? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is a trade worth it?

I have an 04 Torid Red GTO with red and black interior, I have had this car for about 5 years, it is automatic with a few minor upgrades and about 133,000 miles on it. I have the chance to trade for an 06 manual Quick Silver with black interior and 93,000 miles. My question is; the trade will leave me owing about 9000 so is the added HP and the joy of a manual transmission worth the extra cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachavers View Post
I have an 04 Torid Red GTO with red and black interior, I have had this car for about 5 years, it is automatic with a few minor upgrades and about 133,000 miles on it. I have the chance to trade for an 06 manual Quick Silver with black interior and 93,000 miles. My question is; the trade will leave me owing about 9000 so is the added HP and the joy of a manual transmission worth the extra cost?
Don't think so, no. The 2006 is valued at only $2600 more than your car according to Kelly blue book, which isn't always right on but gives you an idea anyway that it's nowhere near $9000. Unless that 2006 had a lot of mods done, which a bank cares nothing about, I'd look at some more cars. For $9000 you could swap transmissions and add HP to your car or at least do some really nice upgrading to it. Good luck!

1-7/8" ARH LTs, 3" Magnaflow exh.,Spec twin disc clutch, 402 stroker , Fast 102 w/Nick Williams TB, 1000 hp shaft & axles, cam, fuel & suspension upgrades. 500 rwhp, 484 rwtq
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...I took it home for the night to decide and found that it needed a new drive shaft because the carrier bearing rubber is starting to tear...(as luck would have it I just happen to have a solid one piece drive shaft from thedriveshaftshop) and went back the next day with pictures and talked them down to 13,500...they gave me 6,500 on mine and threw in a Ford dealer warranty on it that's good for 3 years or 36,000 miles from the date and mileage of my purchase so I just couldn't say no!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The 04 driveshaft is a little different than an 05-06. If they gave you a warranty, let them fix it!

Larry

2005 GTO Quick - 1984 Honda V65 Magna Quicker - 2004 Z06 Quickest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in