User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Very Rough Idle and Stalling With Any Elec Draw

2006 M6. K&N intake and SLP LMII axelback.

Issue is, when you first fire the car up, it idles very rough and sometimes stalls. If you use anything that draws significant power, you can hear the engine bog down and almost stall. Windows, blower fan. Radio doesn't seem to affect it. Once you start driving, it doesn't seem to have full power, and runs rough. Have to feather the gas while stopped or it stalls. It is at the dealer right now, as it is still under warranty. They replaced an O2 sensor and the Mass airflow sensor. Hasn't fixed a damn thing. Anyone experience this issue? Any ideas?

Last edited by freeze916; 05-05-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 PM

no but it sounds alt related I wonder if it's out putting but really low. Probably not the problem but a theory being this motor is 10.9.1 compressin if the bat was low enough to cause it to barly run it wouldn't start.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It is at the dealer right now. They replaced the mass airflow sensor and the O2 sensors. It didn't fix it at all. I don't think the mechanic believed me that the window switches caused the engine to stall, until he went to back it out of the garage bay and put the window down, quit on him right there... Well, he fired it up, pulled it back in and the service manager called Enterprise for a rental. Told me should be ready tomorrow, even though they don't know what it is. Who the hell knows, mechanic said something about the alternator. Let you know when I know I guess. Really sucks, bought the damn thing Saturday and picked it up yesterday and it's already in the shop.

P.S. Now driving around in a brand new black Suburban that had 6 miles on it when I pulled out of the lot. That's right, six. Enterprise took delivery of it at that dealer, and it hadn't even gone to their lot yet. Pretty cool truck.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 AM

If the Alt voltage is low then it can cause poor running because of the sensors not getting correct voltage.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got a voicemail from the service dept. today. They say they think it is a easy fix, needs "throttle body servicing". Not sure what they mean, as long as it runs OK when they're done, I don't care. The car has been in the shop more than with me since I bought it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 04:29 PM

im surprised they didnt void your warranty with those mods. check the connection to the mass, connections to tb. if you have a tune. they might have to bump up the idle a bit.

lingenfelter cai, vararam tb spacer, v/max ported tb, livernoise stage 2 heads with comp cam 232/232/.50 114 lsa. slp 1 3/4 headers high flow cats, x pipe, qtp cut outs, flowmaster mufflers. tuned by tt performance , highly recomended in n.j.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Can't void the warranty unless they can prove that those mods caused the problem.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Car is as it was when I bought it from them and purchased the extended warranty, so I believe they need to warranty it as it is. It is not tuned to my knowledge. I had the car home for one day since I bought it. Very frustrating.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Possible that the IAC could be bad? Does the car react when the A/C is turned on? - meaning do the RPMs fall, or stay steady, or drop? Could also be a Short...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, they say it was the CAI or something. I don't see how that would affect the electrical system. They ordered an OEM intake and are putting it on, claim it should fix the whole thing. I still just can't comprehend how that can cause the window motors to shut the engine off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in