User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what do u think of this??

http://www.autoanything.com/products...wer_aid_intake
what do u people think? they say they have it for the gto i was thinking of usin it with the slp mass air flow and throttle body and the k&n intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:30 PM

Just make sure the spacing doesn't make the intake tube interfere with the core support cover!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

well theres enough room to fit it i checked but i dont wanna spend 100 bux for nothing, if thats the case ill just do something else. do u think its worth it?

Last edited by jag767; 02-08-2005 at 02:38 PM. Reason: i had more ot say

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:47 PM

Saw a show on these once and they were asking pro racing mechs and ended up a 50/50 toss up to wether it did anything other then lighten your wallet! Me personnaly I wouldn't, but just MO
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 03:14 PM

I new of a couple people using these in newer trucks and they said it made a difference!?! I do know one thing, it makes a cool whistling noise under acceleration.(noise doesn't always make power though)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 06:00 PM

It's more BS just like the "TURDULATOR".( oops misspelled and decided not to correct.) Turbulence in the intake system causes restriction. Any swirl effect it could impart would be have negligable effect once the airflow is forced into the intake port at the valve.( other than to be a restriction to flow ) The best flow before the port is always laminar flow.( If you doubt that statement, go look up laminar flow and boundry layer discussions.) That is not opinion, I've flowed manifold and intake ports for over twenty years and I've never found any effect on swirl and tumble in the chamber except motion that is induced right at the port. ie; shrouded valve guides and even moderate swirl inducers such as ridges in the intake port only restrict flow and do not have impact on swirl and tumble. Here's the other part of the "myth" none of these "ads" mentioned. The BS about better atomization of the fuel. Injector flow streams are very sensitive to induction airflow. There is a tremendous amount of work involved in injector targeting and injector timing to insure the proper fuel atomization and spray pattern as the fuel enters the combustion chamber. Mixture motion in advance of the injector spary cone will cause the injected fuel to contact the port walls. (especially, if it wasn't there when the manifold was designed and developed )Fuel on the walls is something design engineers try to avoid, as when fuel that contacts the port walls is injested into the chamber, the droplet size is invarably larger than those injected straight from the injector tip. New injectors are designed to deliver smaller and smaller droplet size to do exactly what these "ads" claim, the best atomization of the fuel. AND THAT IS NOT accomplished by casuing the injector stream to contact the port wall.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

ok i think this product just got killed
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

now that the whole spin theory is obliterated what about the spacing itself... (cant wait to see this ripped apart)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 12:19 AM

Friction is a bad thing. Things like these are pure trash.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 05:54 PM

So your are saying that it is a bad idea to have this so-called “tornado” effect. Is that causing turbulence into the combustion chamber and therefore causing the fuel to hit the ports? I understand that one does not want turbulence but I am just trying to understand what was said…. Why then does a CAI not effect the air in the same way? Shouldn't there be more turbulance because it is less restricting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in