What kind of power is possible? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kind of power is possible?

I am very interested in purchasing a GTO, but before I do, I would like to know what mods are currently avail, and how much power can be picked up with them.

Am I wrong to think that Headers, exhaust, airbox/filters, etc. Are already on the market?

Has anyone done heads, cam?

Any SC, or TT GTOs out there?
I am NOT a NOS fan, so that's not an option for me.


I am looking for a LOT more GO from the GOAT!
GOTPWR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 08:56 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTPWR
I am very interested in purchasing a GTO, but before I do, I would like to know what mods are currently avail, and how much power can be picked up with them.

Am I wrong to think that Headers, exhaust, airbox/filters, etc. Are already on the market?

Has anyone done heads, cam?

Any SC, or TT GTOs out there?
I am NOT a NOS fan, so that's not an option for me.


I am looking for a LOT more GO from the GOAT!
Everything you mentioned is available for the 04 and 05, not sure why you would want to change the LS2 heads and I am not sure about the LS2 cam. There are SC and Turbo GTO's but only on the 04 LS1. We are all waiting for the LS2 huffers to come out. I am not a NOS fan either, this engine is way too pricey for that. Get yourself the GTO enjoy it for a little while and then when the turbines and SC's come out you will have enough bolt on power to snap axles.
JMVorbeck is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Administrator
 
05GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Deliverance, GA
Posts: 5,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Here is a package from MDMC

The 650 HP 6.0 Liter D-1 Procharger Package includes


Custom D1 Procharger
3 Core custom intercooler
1 7/8 ceramic coated long tube headers.
2.5 inch high flow exhaust
Custom computer tuning
Injectors

Randy


05GTO is online now  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
Everything you mentioned is available for the 04 and 05, not sure why you would want to change the LS2 heads and I am not sure about the LS2 cam. There are SC and Turbo GTO's but only on the 04 LS1. We are all waiting for the LS2 huffers to come out. I am not a NOS fan either, this engine is way too pricey for that. Get yourself the GTO enjoy it for a little while and then when the turbines and SC's come out you will have enough bolt on power to snap axles.
I don't know enough yet about the LS2 heads, cam, etc. It's just routine to switch heads, cam for a turbo setup, due to flow, strength, etc. It would be NICE if that was NOT needed!

I hope I can get some upgraded shafts to hold the Massive power that I am hoping is possible!
GOTPWR is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTO
Here is a package from MDMC

The 650 HP 6.0 Liter D-1 Procharger Package includes


Custom D1 Procharger
3 Core custom intercooler
1 7/8 ceramic coated long tube headers.
2.5 inch high flow exhaust
Custom computer tuning
Injectors
Looks like a Nice setup, with some pretty good power too. Did you upgrade the radiator as well. How's the car handle the added heat from the SC? How much boost?


I'm a huge fan of turbos, but if they aren't readily avail, then I would go SC until they come out.
GOTPWR is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:35 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my gosh!! That GTO on that video on that site sounds freakin' awesome!! Anyone know what exhaust that is??
PhantomGTO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome