LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
hsv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where to service in New England

Hello All:

For the third service trip to my dealer in a row, my Goat has come back with something new that needed fixing after the dealer was finished servicing my car.

First, it was *really* bad swirl marks left after I explicitly told them not to wash my car. Then, it was screw driver "dents" in my center console from where they had pried it off to replace my traction control button. Today, they seemed to have loosened my side window air vent and not bothered to correctly re-install the center console (they were going to replace it after I complained about the screw driver marks -- but the part that was shipped in has the reverse coloring to mine).

The service staff are very friendly, but I don't think they are taking the best care of my goat.

Does anyone know of a good place (dealer or otherwise) where I can get my goat serviced in Mass?

Thanks in advance,

HSV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
Hello All:

For the third service trip to my dealer in a row, my Goat has come back with something new that needed fixing after the dealer was finished servicing my car.

First, it was *really* bad swirl marks left after I explicitly told them not to wash my car. Then, it was screw driver "dents" in my center console from where they had pried it off to replace my traction control button. Today, they seemed to have loosened my side window air vent and not bothered to correctly re-install the center console (they were going to replace it after I complained about the screw driver marks -- but the part that was shipped in has the reverse coloring to mine).

The service staff are very friendly, but I don't think they are taking the best care of my goat.

Does anyone know of a good place (dealer or otherwise) where I can get my goat serviced in Mass?

Thanks in advance,

HSV.
No advise on NE dealers, but misery loves company and I do know how you feel on picking up your ride to find it damaged. The 1st time mine went in... as I was walking up to pick it up and drive off, I found they door dinged the passenger side door, scratched the drivers side rear quarter and 12 inches along the front bumper... the steering wheel replacement was done poorly leaving the spoke covers sticking out like knife edges that caught my hand going around turns and the passenger side door seal they replaced had an unusual kink in the upper rear corner..... later it leaked with the 1st rain... all fail! I was one pissed off pit bull toward the service manager but actually blame myself for taking the car into a dealer that was closing. The upside was the Buick/GMC dealer next door took over the franchise and fixed everything correctly... along with taking out the scratches and fixed a couple big paint chips while they were at it.

Good luck with your search and repairs.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
hsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bearded Goat View Post
No advise on NE dealers, but misery loves company and I do know how you feel on picking up your ride to find it damaged. The 1st time mine went in... as I was walking up to pick it up and drive off, I found they door dinged the passenger side door, scratched the drivers side rear quarter and 12 inches along the front bumper... the steering wheel replacement was done poorly leaving the spoke covers sticking out like knife edges that caught my hand going around turns and the passenger side door seal they replaced had an unusual kink in the upper rear corner..... later it leaked with the 1st rain... all fail! I was one pissed off pit bull toward the service manager but actually blame myself for taking the car into a dealer that was closing. The upside was the Buick/GMC dealer next door took over the franchise and fixed everything correctly... along with taking out the scratches and fixed a couple big paint chips while they were at it.

Good luck with your search and repairs.
Wow! That really sucks! I'm glad to hear that you got things sorted out. I will push back on the service manager and he see what he says.

Thanks for the note.

HSV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in