Will McGard Lug Nuts work ? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will McGard Lug Nuts work ?

I've been inside the GTO trunk for Amp Gain increase and inspected Spare Tire and jack and checked out the flexable fuel hose. I also noticed lots of foam insulation on the seams and spare area (smooth job)...
I removed the twenty lug covers (read stories of breakage) with the yellow grasping tool and have stored away. Now I need to get some Chrome lug nuts and the Locking McGard Installation kit @ PFYC looks good.

The specs are 3/4" (Cone Seat) and M12 x 1.5 . The kit includes 16 chrome lugs and 4 wheel locking lugs for $46 + s/h .

Has anyone tryed the McGard Locking Lug Set as above ? Is this a good price for McGard or are there better online sellers ? Is this the correct spec and/or will the balance be affected ?

While alot of owners have gone for new wheels , I'll stay stock 17" for awhile. Any thoughts on stock 17's lug nut replacement ...

and the Stereo is much better @ +3 clicks right...

Last edited by Xcommuter; 07-24-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 09:21 PM

Sorry, can't say anything about McGard nuts, but when I got my new wheels from Discount tires, I got new lugnuts that are keyed to a special socket. It has grooves in pattern around the nut instead of the usual hex nut. I don't remeber the name for them though. I don't know how special my pattern is and maybe I'm foolish to trust that these are unique, but at least I have not worried about losing the wheels since getting them. Just keep the wrench and instructions for replacement somewhere you can find them.

2004 QuickSilver GTO
M6
Stock
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:31 PM

Tuner Spline Lugs is what they are called. We have them from Discount Tire too. I think they use Gorilla. They are not unique in the key pattern but it still makes it hard to steal them. We got the black set on the stock wheel. We are going to be different and keep the stock wheels on it......

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcommuter
I've been inside the GTO trunk for Amp Gain increase and inspected Spare Tire and jack and checked out the flexable fuel hose. I also noticed lots of foam insulation on the seams and spare area (smooth job)...
I removed the twenty lug covers (read stories of breakage) with the yellow grasping tool and have stored away. Now I need to get some Chrome lug nuts and the Locking McGard Installation kit @ PFYC looks good.

The specs are 3/4" (Cone Seat) and M12 x 1.5 . The kit includes 16 chrome lugs and 4 wheel locking lugs for $46 + s/h .

Has anyone tryed the McGard Locking Lug Set as above ? Is this a good price for McGard or are there better online sellers ? Is this the correct spec and/or will the balance be affected ?

While alot of owners have gone for new wheels , I'll stay stock 17" for awhile. Any thoughts on stock 17's lug nut replacement ...

and the Stereo is much better @ +3 clicks right...

Oh btw, yes those lugs will work on the stock wheels......That is an average price. You can get the Tuner style from Discount Tire Direct for about $45 and free shipping......
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmracing
Tuner Spline Lugs is what they are called. We have them from Discount Tire too. I think they use Gorilla. They are not unique in the key pattern but it still makes it hard to steal them. We got the black set on the stock wheel. We are going to be different and keep the stock wheels on it......

Are these the ones from Gorilla where every lugnut has to use the key? I got a set from Gorilla that look identical. I didn't put them on because they looked smaller than the stock ones on the angled side that faces the wheel. I seem to remember they were "tuner" style, whatever that is.
If you haven't had any problem with them, I might go ahead and put them on the car. I got them from Summit for approx $26 (allegedly a really good price).

2004 Pulse Red GTO M6 - New Era CAI, TB Bypass, CAGS, Custom Split Exhaust, SLP Sway Bar & Bushings, BMR Strut Brace, HID, Sans Spoiler, Sirius

2002 Quicksilver Z06 - A Few Upgrades

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in