Wow What a Difference! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow What a Difference!

Well I just changed my differential fluid out to Torco 75w-140 with Ford Friction Modifier, and WOW!! What a difference it is now! When I drained the old oil out it was ridiculously black and gunky. I was having a lot of chattering and just felt noisy, so this was definitely the cause. I put in the new oil and modifier, took it out for a drive, and no chatter what so ever and its quieter than it has ever been. It used to chatter big time when in first out of the hole, but nothing at all anymore. Definitely worth the money I paid for.

Here's a picture of the old oil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13254.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	8410  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My bro in law and I changed the diff fluid out on his 95 T/A. He was getting all kinds of terrible noise coming from the rear specifically while slowly turning.

Added new fluid and he picked up some GM diff fluid additive (I cannot remember what it was called) and he has not heard a thing from his rear end since.

Kooks 1 7/8 catless, Bassani catback, vararam, 160 tstat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in