Yellow Konis w/ Pedders Caster Kit- Feedback? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yellow Konis w/ Pedders Caster Kit- Feedback?

The coolest thing about parts wearing out is that it's much easier to justify "replacements"-- stealth upgrades-- to the family CFO!

Well...at 45k miles I can definitely feel the OEM struts going south...which can only mean one thing: UPGRADE!

I'm definitely going for the Yellow Konis all the way round, but am also interested in the Pedders SportsRyder Adjustable Radius Rod Caster bushing Kit from Gravana to help fix that hard braking caster weirdness.

Does anyone here have that combo on their Goat? Does this have any negative impact on daily drivability?
Groucho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Premium Member
 
EEZ GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Phenix City Alabama
Posts: 2,626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
The coolest thing about parts wearing out is that it's much easier to justify "replacements"-- stealth upgrades-- to the family CFO!

Well...at 45k miles I can definitely feel the OEM struts going south...which can only mean one thing: UPGRADE!

I'm definitely going for the Yellow Konis all the way round, but am also interested in the Pedders SportsRyder Adjustable Radius Rod Caster bushing Kit from Gravana to help fix that hard braking caster weirdness.

Does anyone here have that combo on their Goat? Does this have any negative impact on daily drivability?
sry groucho this is over my head
EEZ GOAT is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEZ GOAT
sry groucho this is over my head
Groucho is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 09:01 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Koni yellows always seem to be the way to go...I've never experienced them on the goat, but my friend has them on his BMW and it rides on rails. It doesnt affect the driveability of it at all...just incredible incredible handling with much less effort on the part of the car.
YouHolden? is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHolden?
Koni yellows always seem to be the way to go...I've never experienced them on the goat, but my friend has them on his BMW and it rides on rails. It doesnt affect the driveability of it at all...just incredible incredible handling with much less effort on the part of the car.

Actually, I'm casting my gaze to the Pedder Stage II Street strut kit...no hacking or cutting needed. That aspect of the Koni install has always bothered me.

This from The Other (Unclean) Site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo24fan
No, I have the Pedders track 2 set up and Hotchkiss bars on mine now. All I can say is WOW!!! The Pedders struts are incredible in that they keep the car flat but don't make the ride anymore harsh than stocks. They are progressive and only stiffen up when leaned on. I've heard to many complain about stiff ride with the Koni's. Some say it's a compromise you have to take to get great handling, but after using the Pedders I beg to differ. Good luck in whatever you decide on and keep us posted. Oh yeah, I had Eibachs on prior to buying Pedders set up and they said the springs were comprible so not to change those. One more thing, make sure if you call AFG to mention the Board as you will get a 15% discount off of the list from final price. The Pedders set up is NOT more expensive than the Koni's.
Groucho is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 09:00 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can get the entire Pedders line..... shoot me an email and I'll send you a reply with attachment of pricing and description of each system they offer as well as individual pieces!
GTODEALER is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
I can get the entire Pedders line..... shoot me an email and I'll send you a reply with attachment of pricing and description of each system they offer as well as individual pieces!
Done.
Groucho is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
..... sorry just had to get to 1500 post!
GTODEALER is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
..... sorry just had to get to 1500 post!
You are, indeed, shameless.
Groucho is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 11:20 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
You are, indeed, shameless.
GTODEALER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome