2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

YouTube - motortrend's Channel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice car, but I'd rather spend money on a Hennessey Venom GT. Even if money were no option. Only 1 mph slower top speed, but $2.32 million cheaper. Honestly, who's gonna bust your balls in a street car that does 0-60 in 2.5 and 0-200 in under 16 seconds. The places on earth that extra 1 mph can be used are counted on one hand. At $180 G's, that's a hell of a lot of car. Imo looks better than the veyron too (based on a stretched lotus elise).
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

I see these types of comments all the time about rather buy a cheaper car that can almost do the same thing as an expensive car. You get what you pay for. There is a reason why the Veyron cost so much, it has more R&D than car X and it was built to last years and years and do it day in and day out. It is more than just the speed its the quality too.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 12:23 AM

Garage
Damn, they built 30 cars knowing that you would buy one Backup, now they got a spare car! Kidding.. These cars aren't for anyone "normal", these are additions to an ultra rich guys collection. A set of tires costs as much as our cars!! In the past the Euro's looked down their nose at the Corvette because of it's "substandard" interiors, but now they do respect the power and handling of the car. Our best car, the Vette still has/had leaf springs while they have full coil over/tuneable suspensions. US cars are very low tech compared to the typical supercar. I would rather have 20 ZR1s, compared to one Venron, but I can't afford a ZR1.. The new 918 Porsche has a full Carbon fiber body.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well if I could afford a Veyron, I would have a Veyron... PERIOD!! I don't care if I could get 100 cars for the price of 1 Veyron that will run within 1 mph of it. It still isn't a Veyron. 80 of the 100 cars will probably be in the shop at the same time for reliability issues anyway. Now if I could afford the Veyron, best believe I'd probably be able to afford a ZR1, which I'd have, alone with a handful of fully restored early 60s and 70s American muscle cars. Bottom line, like GM4life said, you get what you pay for so why not pay for the better product?

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Garage
Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't buy it.
My brothers friends in Key Largo bought a $1mllion yacht in 07? Then found it was too big to use without help, so now they have it for sale for $420K!!! Yep, $580K of depreciation in 3 years!! And that's the asking price, not the sold price.. If I was that financially secure to be able to afford one, I would choose to make wise investments hopefully and not give away my success.. That's the same reason people win the lottery and end up broke in a year..

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

It's called demand.

And investing money in a car is stupid, people that have that kind of money don't buy cars for investments. They(most) are the smart ones, the interest will take care of them, they don't have to work.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstang View Post
Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't buy it.
My brothers friends in Key Largo bought a $1mllion yacht in 07? Then found it was too big to use without help, so now they have it for sale for $420K!!! Yep, $580K of depreciation in 3 years!! And that's the asking price, not the sold price.. If I was that financially secure to be able to afford one, I would choose to make wise investments hopefully and not give away my success.. That's the same reason people win the lottery and end up broke in a year..
Most people who can afford those types of toys can do so because of smart investing. The reason lottery winners spend everything that they win is because they did nothing to earn that money therefore they donít understand the importance of its value. When you save your hard earned money and "plan" your spending wisely you can then afford to buy anything you feel you want or feel you deserve. I'm by no means a wealthy person but that's how I purchase everything I want and deserve. As a matter of fact, that's exactly how I purchased my GTO.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
Most people who can afford those types of toys can do so because of smart investing. The reason lottery winners spend everything that they win is because they did nothing to earn that money therefore they donít understand the importance of its value. When you save your hard earned money and "plan" your spending wisely you can then afford to buy anything you feel you want or feel you deserve. I'm by no means a wealthy person but that's how I purchase everything I want and deserve. As a matter of fact, that's exactly how I purchased my GTO.
Seams like an agree to disagree moment...
I have a $5, 50, 500 analogy.. What is $5 dollars to someone, is $50 to others as $500 is to someone else, as in value. That is why some richies spend $1000 on a t-shirt, while I try to find it on sale at WalMart as $10 is too much.
If someone has a billion, then a Veyron is a drop in the bucket. If I had $3 million, then the veyron would eat all my money and would be a bad buy. If I had to make payments, then I'm a MORON! Bill Gates is a Veyron guy.. I could be his detailer and take it to fill up! Boat people are the same way, only 1 person on the boat can afford it, the others are just posing..

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstang View Post
Seams like an agree to disagree moment...
I have a $5, 50, 500 analogy.. What is $5 dollars to someone, is $50 to others as $500 is to someone else, as in value. That is why some richies spend $1000 on a t-shirt, while I try to find it on sale at WalMart as $10 is too much.
If someone has a billion, then a Veyron is a drop in the bucket. If I had $3 million, then the veyron would eat all my money and would be a bad buy. If I had to make payments, then I'm a MORON! Bill Gates is a Veyron guy.. I could be his detailer and take it to fill up! Boat people are the same way, only 1 person on the boat can afford it, the others are just posing..
I donít think we're disagreeing. We're actually saying the same thing. As I see, I guess when most people spend money they probably feel that they're spending it wisely and really donít care what anyone else thinks. I've been questioned on why I bought my GTO and my Maxima and I always say, "Because they're what I wanted and I could afford to". Do I want a C6 Z06? Hell yeah! Can I afford one, at this moment? Hell no! That's why I don't have one. Will I get questioned about why I spent my money on a Corvette when I do finally get one... probably but I still won't care what they think. I really donít worry about how someone chooses to spend their cash. If they buy what they can afford then good for them. If they choose to live above their means then bad for them. It's really none of my business.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

Last edited by 6QTS11OZ; 11-08-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Audio & Video Clips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in