Dude... these AE86 Corollas rock... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dude... these AE86 Corollas rock...

Yea, I know I piss people off with the little rice burning Corollas, but I just want to show you why these cars are so fun.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aq1Fz5Gb-w

An AE86 Levin taking to an S2000 and Integra Type R in a road race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D03KXTpCGhg

An AE86 N2 road race...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uration%3Along

I know many of you are gonna hate on this, because there are no GTOs. GTOs are fun and all, but too expensive on my budget to tear down and build a race car out of it. I am getting one for a daily driver.

Last edited by 86Noel; 08-16-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 02:45 PM

The reason you see no GTO's is because it is a different class of vehicle. You want to run a fart cannon around a track, fine. Have a blast.
The 2nd video shows acceleration similiar to the NJ turnpike at rush hour. A GTO would eat those cars alive. Other than that, the ricer has a standard GP circuit setup. Sheez, you can take a shopping cart and make it handle with the right suspension parts. Get your Cororra (intentional misspell) and be happy.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1200lt
The reason you see no GTO's is because it is a different class of vehicle. You want to run a fart cannon around a track, fine. Have a blast.
The 2nd video shows acceleration similiar to the NJ turnpike at rush hour. A GTO would eat those cars alive. Other than that, the ricer has a standard GP circuit setup. Sheez, you can take a shopping cart and make it handle with the right suspension parts. Get your Cororra (intentional misspell) and be happy.
I knew someone would have to hate on here, so here goes nothing. If you don't think a 220 rwhp N/A 1.6 liter is impressive, or fast on a car that weighs 2185 lbs. (that is the stock weight, probably more like 1800 in race trim), there is something wrong with you. The car is 20+ years old for God's sake. And a 4 cylinder to top things off. A GTO is not much more than a straight line car. A GTO is fun and all, but it's too much money to throw in parts and make it handle well and make a lap time like some of those cars. Around those turns, A GTO would be lost. I've seen street Corolla's take out a R34 Skyline GT-R, which can be faster on a twisty road course than a GTO. If you want to hate, don't reply and offend. I am only showing you that low powered cars can be fun too. 1/4 mile is cool, but having a car that can do it all (and get good gas mileage while doing it) is cooler. End of story.

Also, those cars don't sound like fart cannons. The Civics you see with the neons and candy apple red sound like fart cannons.

Last edited by 86Noel; 08-16-2006 at 07:14 PM.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:20 PM

Dude, get a clue. Don't mistake hate for your ignorance. Any car can be tuned and modded to be competitve. If you want to race in the minors, be my guest. Go watch FUELED on INHD and see the league the GTO is competing in. Or better still, watch the Rolex GT circuit and take notice as to what cars are racing that series. I don't see many Cororra's in those races, guess they're so badass it wouldn't be fair to Porsche, lol!
You need to learn the basics before coming in here and trolling. The GTO is a hi-performance touring car. The Cororra is a tin sh*t box made to get from point a to point b cheaply, that's all it is. Tie a rocket to it and all you'll have is a rocket powered sh*tbox.
And that's the end of THAT story.

Last edited by k1200lt; 08-16-2006 at 07:29 PM.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1200lt
Dude, get a clue. Don't mistake hate for your ignorance. Any car can be tuned and modded to be competitve. If you want to race in the minors, be my guest. Go watch FUELED on INHD and see the league the GTO is competing in. Or better still, watch the Rolex GT circuit and take notice as to what cars are racing that series. I don't see many Cororra's in those races, guess they're so badass it wouldn't be fair to Porsche, lol!
You need to learn the basics before coming in here and trolling. The GTO is a hi-performance touring car. The Cororra is a tin sh*t box made to get from point a to point b cheaply, that's all it is. Tie a rocket to it and all you'll have is a rocket powered sh*tbox.
And that's the end of THAT story.
How many people have the money to build a fully blown race car out of a GTO? And just to let you know, the AE86 Corolla is deffinately not an average commuter car. It was the last Corolla to stay RWD, it had a twin cam engine that revved to 7,500 rpm, and it came stock with an optional LSD. Not even the N/A Supra, N/A RX-7, or N/A 300ZX of that time came with an LSD. I am not saying a GTO is a crappy car. I am not on this forum to bash on GTOs, cuz I in fact plan to own one for daily driving. But seriously, I have driven the new Mustang GT, 350Z, and a Lancer Evolution, and the Corolla is still more fun. It's a lightweight FR car. It's gonna be fun. And it keeps up pretty well with 5.0 mustangs (Although I know it's not the fastest car in the world, but it's still a V8). I don't need your insults towards the cars I like. Ever heard of drifting? Your big bad 500 hp GTO get's eaten up by 200 hp Corollas. They spent less money on the Corolla, and they whooped a GTOs ass. Not in Formula D though, because D1 is where it's at. If you don't like the videos, cool, just leave.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:41 PM

Coming in here like this, you might as well stand in the middle of the Million Man March with a loudspeaker and shout 'WHITE POWER!'
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:47 PM

Dude, you're trolling, bottom line. You don't come to a GTO forum and start blowin' your azz about some crapass tin sh*tbox and how great they are compared to the Goat. I really don't give a rat's balls if you get a GTO or not. To be honest, I'd rather you didn't as you don't sound too smart & the last thing we need is another fine Hilden product wrapped around a telephone pole by some fool kid who thinks he's frikkin' Kunimitsu Takahashi. You want to quote specs from the latest Car & Driver, do it somewhere else.

Here's your dream car, enjoy!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

I am not comparing a GTO to a Corolla. That is being an idiot. I am just saying that I like these cars too, and I wanted to share that with you. I have stated on this forum before that I am a muscle car guy since I was a kid in diapers, but my generation has caught up to me, so I like imports. I don't like those Civics and Accords with a green paint job and blue wheels, and more lights than a laser show. I like tastefully done cars, and with performance to boot. I know these aren't torque monsters than can do a wheelie or anything. But for what they are, they are amazing machines. Ok, so they run a low 14 to a high 13 second quarter mile, but they aren't made for that. They handle are made for handling, braking, and a little acceleration. Like I said, if you don't like the videos, just don't comment. If you are the owner of this forum, and you hate me because I like Japanese 4 cylinders just as much as I like American muscle, kick me out of here. I can care less. If you just like to insult other people's likings, **** the **** off. And that is a big ****ing period.

Last edited by 86Noel; 08-16-2006 at 08:57 PM.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raven1124
It's funny how you say your not here to bash GTO's, but the title to your thread reads "This is why the AE86 owns you..."
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1124
It's funny how you say your not here to bash GTO's, but the title to your thread reads "This is why the AE86 owns you..."
It's just a ****ing title, I wasn't being serious. I was having some fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Audio & Video Clips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in