Great Burnout Video - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great Burnout Video

I came across this video from automobile magazine in which they literally tear up a set of Kumho Ecsta MX-C. These are some special tires that spew red smoke under high temps. Great little video!!!! ENJOY GUYS!!!

http://automobilemag.com/video/0510_pontiac_gto_kumho/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 BEERS
I came across this video from automobile magazine in which they literally tear up a set of Kumho Ecsta MX-C. These are some special tires that spew red smoke under high temps. Great little video!!!! ENJOY GUYS!!!

http://automobilemag.com/video/0510_pontiac_gto_kumho/
Those things are so awesome! I was looking at those for the goat, because I love people taking notice of the GTO. Nothing better than my loud a$$ goat spewing out clouds of red smoke in public. However, did you ever check out the price of those things? All I can say is "Mother of God", I will never own a set. And if I won the lottery and could buy a set, I sure as hell wouldnt burn them up, so then whats the point!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:56 PM

Wow!!!!!

For the sweet sound of power,

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 11:17 PM

Man those are nice
I was at a sideshow in Oakland California about half an hour away from home when I saw a 99 - 02 Camaro SS with Chameleon paint with those tires it was wiers out of all the white smoke out came red smoke, then the guy wrapped it around a light pole what amazed me was he came back 5 minutes later with a Z06 and almost wreck that

Last edited by 707GTOLS2; 09-13-2005 at 11:23 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 11:31 PM

Insane
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 05:56 AM

Nice post,

It is now on my wallpaper for all the Ford guys to see
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 08:04 AM

That is friggin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if they are gonna do 'em in blue smoke?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 09:32 AM

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 09:32 AM

And....

FONTANA, CA … May 6, 2005… In the last few years, KUMHO Tire has achieved a number of firsts: the first company to make a 26-inch light truck tire; the first company to produce a 28-inch light truck tire; a class win in the company’s first race in the American Le Mans Series. And now, KUMHO has another first: a tire that produces red smoke. This special version of KUMHO’s ECSTA MX ultra high performance street tire--dubbed the ECSTA MX-C--will make its public debut with Enjuku Racing at the Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta on May 6 and 7.

Enjuku tested the MX-C for the first time the week of April 18, and it literally left the team’s members speechless. “When we saw the red smoke boiling off the rear tires, we just stood there and stared in awe,” said Enjuku lead driver and team captain Matt Vassallo. “I think people will be blown away when they see this.”

The ECSTA MX-C was developed at the KUMHO Technical Center in Akron, OH. “At a product meeting here late last summer, several people were talking about the sport of drifting,” said Guy Edington, manager of the Technical Center. “While watching a drifting video, someone opined that it would be cool if the tire smoke coming off the cars was colored.”

From there the idea blossomed, and Jim Palombo, KUMHO’s senior product chemist, and Gary Bradnick, lead lab technologist, set about looking for a way to make colored smoke. They developed the right mix of chemicals and now have a patent pending for their colorful compound (they’ve also developed a compound that produces blue tire smoke). Following successful testing, KUMHO produced a limited number of the tires.

“We don’t intend to sell the ECSTA MX-C to the general public,” said KUMHO brand director Rick Brennan. “We built them to demonstrate our forward thinking, technical capabilities and ability to respond quickly to the market. Like our race-winning ALMS tire, the MX-C was developed in a very short time—about six months. And like our 26-inch and 28-inch light truck tires, the MX-C gets attention by charting new territory that no other tire company even thought about entering.”

Enjuku’s Vassallo agrees. “ With the car show market and drifting scene ever-expanding in the U.S., the constant effort to make your vehicle stand out in the crowd is the ultimate goal,” he said. “KUMHO has upped the ante with the ECSTA MX-C.”

For GTODealer
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 AM

I think it would be cool to have a red one on one side and a blue one on the other!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Audio & Video Clips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in