13.0 due to tuning problems?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty's05gto
13.0 due to tuning problems?

Not really. Purpose of the post is just to show a burnout with a Maggie not to brag about ET's. Car is a 12.77 sec car from an original 14.2 sec. With a Maggie I think it is allright. Notice below the ET that the 60' is above 2.00 sec. That's what made the difference in that pass. Kid neighbor who made this video saw me working on the car and asked. Turns out I had the intake pipe loose with its intake leak. That is his interpretation and I am happy with the 13.0 sec run. Enjoy the video.

Last edited by adearmas2; 07-08-2006 at 09:49 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 09:59 AM

Seems like ALOT of money just to run 13's, or under perfect conditions break into high 12's. Why not just invest in the setup of the car and then"Spray". Seems like more performance for your money that way. Love the video though. Not knocking your car..I'm a huge fan of our GTO's. Just question the road to go down for maximum gains.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatfarmer
Seems like ALOT of money just to run 13's, or under perfect conditions break into high 12's. Why not just invest in the setup of the car and then"Spray". Seems like more performance for your money that way. Love the video though. Not knocking your car..I'm a huge fan of our GTO's. Just question the road to go down for maximum gains.
Not really. Car went from 14.2 all the way to 12.77 in Puerto Rico's real hot and real humid weather the improvement is significant. Last week went to the dyno and the car got approx 90 to 100 hp increase in powewr and about 120 to 136 ft-lbs torque increase. There is much untapped power on the table which I cannot get to due to the fact that I do not know how to custom tune my car and around here there is no one really experienced in LS1's to offer a proffessional custom tune. There is plenty import turbo gurus but LS1's are not popular around here.

I have no inclination to sray my car and I happen to like it as it is. At the moment the car is waisting much of its torque and power due to poor traction getting out of the hole. As soon as I am ready the car will be Pedderized to improve traction and minimize wheel hop.

Again, the purpose of the video was to show a nice burnout. You do not need to do a similar burnout for every day drag racing. Something more modest will do. The purpose is to heat up and clean the tires not to waste them. This was just for fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Audio & Video Clips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in