Nitrous GTO vs 05 Evo (Video) - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nitrous GTO vs 05 Evo (Video)

I thought you guys might enjoy this... This is a nitrous GTO with the new Hoosier Drag Radials running my buddy's 05 Evo. My buddy's Evo is running a stock turbo, but has a larger FMIC, exhaust cutout, more boost, cams, etc. I believe the owner of the GTO said his nitrous only engaged in 1st and 2nd gear because his intake air and coolant temps were too high. Anyway, here's the video:

N2O GTO vs 05 Evo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
gto looks like it got azz handed to him
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 07:27 PM

That's great! Wait for the "rider junk can't beat American Muscle" replies . Even with the procharger and over 550 whp, my GTO won't hold it's own on the street with a lot of the locals lol.

Hey- are you from SV, NY?
Joe

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 07:38 PM

Whats a Evo
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
Whats a Evo
Ummm, if you aren't serious, here is the answer to your question. It's a Mitsubishi. It's powered by the 4G63 engine which is a 2.0 liter turbo that produces 274 hp. It actually generates more, but the factory claims 274. It is also AWD, and they only come as a 4 door sedan. That wasn't fair, that was off the hole. An Evo on the top end has no chance with a GTO. Do that same race but a rolling start at 40 mph, and the GTO will have it for lunch......or dinner, since it was at night. Maybe it was late enough for a Taco Bell fourth meal. The point is this, the Evo is great and all, but it is better for rally (which it is famous for), road racing, and autocross. I've driven one, and it impressed me the amount of traction and pull it had, but after 3rd gear, the car is dead. Still a fun car for technical driving. Put some BFG drag radials on that goat, and the EVO is done son!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

I believe they actually did run from a roll and the Evo won that race as well.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Noel
Ummm, if you aren't serious, here is the answer to your question. It's a Mitsubishi. It's powered by the 4G63 engine which is a 2.0 liter turbo that produces 274 hp. It actually generates more, but the factory claims 274. It is also AWD, and they only come as a 4 door sedan. That wasn't fair, that was off the hole. An Evo on the top end has no chance with a GTO. Do that same race but a rolling start at 40 mph, and the GTO will have it for lunch......or dinner, since it was at night. Maybe it was late enough for a Taco Bell fourth meal. The point is this, the Evo is great and all, but it is better for rally (which it is famous for), road racing, and autocross. I've driven one, and it impressed me the amount of traction and pull it had, but after 3rd gear, the car is dead. Still a fun car for technical driving. Put some BFG drag radials on that goat, and the EVO is done son!
Hmm, so if the GTO beat the Evo from a roll, can the Evo driver say "no fair, we raced from a roll"?? Come on, if they both went form a dig, they apparently BOTH agreed to. Besides- a drag race does not start from a roll . Also, read again- the GTO has hoosiers on it- BFG's are not going to hook any better than them. So, apparently- the Evo is not "done" .

10sec- don't know if you saw my last post- are you from SV?
Joe
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Come on people. This was a street race that didn't go too far. But honestly, how many street races only go a 1/4 mile or so? And based on the video they didn't go too far. What would have happened if they went to 150 plus. Besides only having nitrous for 1st and 2nd gear is a waste. If it was there for all gears the results definitely would have been different.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI

Last edited by 6QTS11OZ; 09-04-2006 at 11:55 PM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiktsi
Hmm, so if the GTO beat the Evo from a roll, can the Evo driver say "no fair, we raced from a roll"?? Come on, if they both went form a dig, they apparently BOTH agreed to. Besides- a drag race does not start from a roll . Also, read again- the GTO has hoosiers on it- BFG's are not going to hook any better than them. So, apparently- the Evo is not "done" .

10sec- don't know if you saw my last post- are you from SV?
Joe
Sorry, I should have read a little more. Evo must be nicely equiped. I've riden in my friends 240 SX with an SR20DET. It's another 2.0 liter turbo, just not as powerful. Makes about 205 hp, stock. My friend is boosting 12 psi, so he is probably 220 hp at the crank, and we kept up with a stock Evo on the top end. I have stated before, any car can beat any car. You just need to invest time and money into it.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Noel
Sorry, I should have read a little more. Evo must be nicely equiped. I've riden in my friends 240 SX with an SR20DET. It's another 2.0 liter turbo, just not as powerful. Makes about 205 hp, stock. My friend is boosting 12 psi, so he is probably 220 hp at the crank, and we kept up with a stock Evo on the top end. I have stated before, any car can beat any car. You just need to invest time and money into it.

I don't know why the SR20 is such a popular swap- you can make more power and have a stonger motor by just building up the KA24 in the car- guys have made well over 700 whp with that one. The SR20 is just one of those motors caught up in this "JDM" craze. Also, you can't compare the SR20 to the 4G63- the 4G makes incredible power and has ridiculous potential.

6qts- I didn't realize until you mentioned not using the nitrous the whole run. Yes- that would have made a nice difference- why the hell would you only spray 1st and 2nd??? If nothing else, spray up top, not down low. I do find it hard to believe though, that someone would be losing a race and actually let go of the button- come on now, when you are losing and the adrenaline is pumping, you don't voluntarily reduce power- you push that damn button harder like it will give you more . I think the GTO lost and used the "I only sprayed in first and second" thing as an excuse- but obviously, without being there, this is just an opinion based on my years around street racing.

Oh- BTW- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Joe

Last edited by kwiktsi; 09-05-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Audio & Video Clips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in