User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to lisatw151
sound clip/resonators removed & cherry bomb type mufflers

Now here's the sound I was looking for. I said that I wanted to scare small children and make old people frown. LOL. Pay attention to my 4 yr old daughter's reaction as she corrals our cat to safety inside the house, and then my grumpy ole hubby's reaction to the exhaust fumes. LOLOL.

Click here to see Video

04 blk/blk M6 Yeah, it's stock. Stock LS6, that is ;)/Kooks coated LTs/Kooks midpipes/GMM ripshift/SLP Pulley/AMW catchcan/AZA Z1's 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear/Toyo T1r's/BMR dragbags--and more :D/Built & tuned by Nick Williams/369rwhp-365rwtq

Last edited by lisatw151; 06-15-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 01:34 PM

Sounds great.

I had a loud exhaust put on my truck, at first it was awesome, about a year into it, I wish I never did it. Of course this was my daily driver, and cruising on the highway at 2400 rpms the drown would get anoying, oh and drive throughs sucked LOL, and to top it off, I couldn't warm up the truck in the morning, because it was too loud to have it idle (neighboors)

But it does sound sweet, enjoy it, downshift often, and beware of the cops
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:59 PM

That sounds awsome. Did it pop at first because it was cold? Does it drone going down the highway. If so, at what rpm in Drive?

I assume they are Cherry bombs or are they another brand? Do you have just cats, resonators, and cherry bombs?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

It pops on decel. Can't really give you an RPM range though it seems to pop more when letting off the gas high in a gear, like winding out 3rd to about 4-5000 and letting off the gas. ( i have m6) But it doesn't do it everytime. Not the backfire pops anyway. It still crackles and burbles like crazy. A lot more than stock, and I love that. So far I've not noticed any drone at all. With the windows rolled up and/or stereo on, you can't hear it just cruising along and maintaining speed. Give it some gas and you can hear it. But no drone. The mufflers are a 'cherry bomb' type... they're cylindrical with about a 3-4" diameter, and looked to be about the same length as the stock mufflers. I had the work done at Midas, and it is their brand. He didn't really give them a 'name'. I now have cats, no resonators (straight pipe in place of them) and the bullet, or cherry bomb type mufflers.

04 blk/blk M6 Yeah, it's stock. Stock LS6, that is ;)/Kooks coated LTs/Kooks midpipes/GMM ripshift/SLP Pulley/AMW catchcan/AZA Z1's 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear/Toyo T1r's/BMR dragbags--and more :D/Built & tuned by Nick Williams/369rwhp-365rwtq
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:41 AM

Sounds sweeet! I'm going to have to look into that. You go the "Cherry bomb type mufflers" from Midas? How much did they charge you for em?

thanks for the vid!!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Total was $350. Not bad at all and I'm kicking my own butt for spending as much money on the Borla as I did.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:42 AM

I haven't heard a borla on the Goats yet, but that surprises me that it doesn't sound like what you have now. I had a borla on my 96 ws6 and I loved it, sounded absolutly awsome.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 06:30 AM

I was thinking about doing this. Now hearing it and what your saying, I think I might go this route. It would be nice if you could buy the flanges like the stock mufflers have so you could swap back to stock when you wanted. Anyone know where to get those flanges?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 06:44 AM

Well you can do a cut out. Just have them put in before the mufflers, open em up when you want the noise, and close em when you don't. You can even get electric cutouts to do it all from inside the car.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 10:16 AM

electric power plates are ok, but most leak a little at full closed, being metal on metal, you get this sound like a header gasket leak. tick,tick,tick

power plates on full open give you more at the top end but you lose some on the bottom.

on my '02 SS Camaro, I ended up making a aluminum billed plate with drilled holes to give me the sound and performance I was looking for.

Is that a dealer's vinyl sticker on the @ss ? that's gotta go.

i'd like to hear that beast on full accel down the street, through the gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Audio & Video Clips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in