User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
New GTO Owner

Hi all,

Just completed one of my bucket list items by purchasing a 1969 GTO, 400 ci, 350 HP. It's red and on it way to me in Lake Stevens, WA (close to Seattle) from Marietta, GA. Woo Hoo!

I had it pre-inspected and it came back clean. Minor issues only. It's red, with an automatic (so my wife can drive it) and will sit in the garage next to my 2013 Camaro. Talk about a classic clash between old and new! It should be here in about 7 to 10 days. Can't wait to drive it around town and see all the looks I'll undoubtedly get.

I had a 1965 GTO when I was in college (back in 1968, so you know what an old fart I am....). It was a 389, three deuces, Muncie four speed with Hurst linkage, 456 gears in the rear end and factory headers. Awesome car. I sold it to a friend for $800 in 1971 after MUCH very successful street racing in Southern California. As you can imagine, I kick myself now and sure wish I had it back. Hopefully the '69 will help take my mind off it.

Here's hoping the ongoing maintenance doesn't kill me. I'm not a mechanic so will in all probability be periodically looking for advice here.

Best regards to all,

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Welcome to the GTO forum !

Congrats on the '69. I bought a new one in early '69, when I was in school. So we're about the same age. Mine was a Ram Air 3, close ratio 4-speed, with 3.90 gears, sliver with black interior, & bench seat. Ordered it that way.

Don't expect the same performance from this auto trans 350hp model as you got from your 65 with a 4-speed & 4.56 gears. It can still be fun, but will seem extremely slow, compared to a 4-speed car, with lots of rear gear.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also had a 69 bought new back many tears ago. It was mayfair maze with parchment interior. White vinyl top. Auto with 3:55 gears.

About 5 years ago my wife found the original window sticker from it. Been searching for it ever since. Vin #242379G132067

Bought another 69 about 3 years ago found on Ebay but not the same. Would sure like to know if my first one is still alive out there somewhere.

Traded it in for $1400.00. Last known location Youngstown, Ohio. If anyone knows how I might be able to locate it would greatly appreciate it.

Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Discussion > Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in