New member - 69 gto - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New member - 69 gto

I am going to need some guidance. My dad bought this car back in 1977 and enjoyed it until our family grew. Mom and dad bought a Ford station wagon and parked tge goat. The car has been Barned, and then later left outside while sort of tarped up. I took my son over to kill wasps and clean it off. My goal is to work with my son and my dad to get it cleaned up and running again. I'll post pictures later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Hello

Welcome !!

please please take the family picture by the car before you start cleaning or move it

dusty dirty family pics of the car with the family before the start are always a one time shot youlle be glad you took..

and always some of the dearest .... I wish I had more with my dad ....

take lots and lots of pictures ... some wont seem needed till later ... everybody take pictures along the journey ....

I look forward to your new adventure as a '69 GTO owner also

Scott T
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll have to go up to our cabin and find some of the pictures when we first drove it. I was 7 years old and my sister was 2 and we would drive it up to the cabin to cut Christmas trees. I don't know how many pictures we have of the car back when it was in good shape. I did drag out the GoPro as we started to clean off the body and kill wasps as they flew out from underneath. Still haven't figured out how to open the hood. The latch doesn't seem to work and I'm afraid something might be rusted shut inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Welcome to the GTO forum !

'69's are my favorite, since a '69 RA3 was my first Pontiac, & has turned out to be the only new car I've ever bought.

Good luck with your project !

And, I agree that you should take all the pics you can. I don't know why, but I don't have one single pic of my car, while it was still on the street. I only have pics of it, beginning in late '72 & '73, after I'd taken it off the street and made a strip-only car out of it.

I've looked online to find pics of cars that look like mine. Not many online pics of silver RA3 '69's. But, I did find a very few. The first pic below is real close to how my car looked, except I just ordered mine with plain wheels & poverty caps. Took the caps off before I left the dealer, & gave 'em to the salesman. I hated the looks of those things. The 2nd pic is my car, in '73, with tow bar hooked to it, and street legal hard rubber M&H tires on the rear. Slicks weren't allowed. Forum guys love pics. So, please do share lots of pics with us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Looks Like Mine .jpg
Views:	18
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	120493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulled by Caddy with Tow Bar '73 .JPG
Views:	17
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	120495  

Last edited by bigD; 07-22-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Discussion > Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in