Pontiac GTO Forum banner

RE: No-Cat's & Exhaust Smell

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  aarons1k 
#1 ·
RE: No-Cat's & Exhaust Smell

I have a SLP's LT's & LMI exhaust and no Cats. Seems to smell a little rich from time to time and I am wondering if she is truly running rich, or it's beacuse there are not Cats. filtering out the fumes? Any thoughts or advice would be most helpful. Maybe she just needs a re-tune?..:confused

Thanks,
Rich

#2 ·
i have the slp and highflow cats. and it smells rich to me. i got the diablo tune by slp and did the 455 tune wich turns off the o2 sensors. that helped a bit. i think maybe i'll get a dyno tune soon

#3 ·
Yup, im running catless and have been for a few months. Definitely smells pig rich, but i think that is just from the cats no longer filtering the fumes. I was dyno tuned before the cats were removed and hope to get re-tuned next month. But i am expecting not to be running much richer then before.

#5 ·
Ok fellows.... i have to ask. How loud is it really? I have resonators and SF h0pipe and going to order catless longtubes this weekend. I think i can deal with the smell, but are we talkin cant hear music in the car, or set off car alarms revving nxt to cars ( which would be bada**). But what are we sounding like here?

#6 · (Edited)
Blow your ass out loud!!! Anything more than a 1/2 hour in the car and your ear's ring. On the freeway the drone is over the top, the stero will help if it's at 63... I like the sound, but I am not in my Goat all that long at any given time. Alarms get set-off and folks are always turning to look at the bully coming down the road...This has been my experience-FYI...:cheers BTW I also have a semi radical cam so that makes it all the more rude...
The best system I think, forking mind-blowing. I love SLP stuff, loud in your face FO LT's!!!

#10 ·
how to turn check engine light off , cause no cats?

I have to reprogram my goat , and was wondering how i go about keeping the check engine light off cause i dont have any cats? It has Kooks long tubes , with the dumps and full exhaust. Any help would be appreciated
aaron

#13 ·
I have to reprogram my goat , and was wondering how i go about keeping the check engine light off cause i dont have any cats? It has Kooks long tubes , with the dumps and full exhaust. Any help would be appreciated
aaron
speak to your tuner they can turn the check engine light off
its a common problem when you fit long tube headers as you have to move the o2 sensors that is what sets the check engine light off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.