Are BC Racing BR Coilovers ZB-02 any good? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are BC Racing BR Coilovers ZB-02 any good?

I am looking to upgrade my suspension to make it more aggressive on the street. The first thing I am looking to upgrade is the coilovers. I know pedders is great but I heard they aren't around anymore, and I can't find one either. I have been looking for an alternative and ran across BC Racing BR Coilovers - ZB-02 and LOVELLS ELIMINATOR KIT. I was wondering if anyone has done the upgrade and what the best choice is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1000$ for a set of coilovers sounds too cheap. The KWs are 2300. I paid 1000 for a set of King springs and Koni adjustable shocks. And why do you want coilovers for the street anyways.
And if you want to lower your car read this first .The Ultimate Handling Guide Part V: The One Unforgivable Sin, Overlowering Your Car
If you don't get it read the previous articles. I am sure you will leave it stock height.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

I would really like to keep it stock height but 3/4 in would be doable. I'm looking to get into some rally stuff and i am getting some uneven tire wear too, and i looked up reasons for it and I found the bad suspension that comes stock is what is causing it. so I am wanting to find the right suspension kit for it.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 PM

For the uneven tire wear get radius rod bushings, strut mounts and bearings. If you want to lower it for performance and not just looks it will be expensive. You will need a good set of coilovers, camber plates all poly bushings, then you are probably going to get bumpsteer from the tierods travelling into a different arc then the control arm. McPherson strut cars usually have a small window of where they can be lowered without messing things up. It is really typically best to run these cars at close to the stock ride height unless you significantly modify many other components.
If you just get lowering springs your car will only look better.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

I've heard good things about BC coilovers, but don't expect their entry level models to perform as well as a set of KW's or something similarly priced.

Nick C.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 02:16 AM

It is my understanding that BC racing is the manufacturer of pedders coilovers. Some are painted black and sold as BC racing, some are painted red and sold as Pedders for a lot more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in