Big Problem..all My Fluid Leaked Out My Front Struts. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Big Problem..all My Fluid Leaked Out My Front Struts.

I Just Baught My Brand New 06 Gto Last Night And When I Got It Home It Was Leaking So Bad From Both Sides Of The Car From Out Of The Struts. This Sucks!!! So Shes Back At The Dealer. Also The Shifter Rattles Like Crazy. And When I Turn Off The Car But Leave The Key On The Coolant Overheating Light Comes On And The Temp Needle Goes Up Tp H!!!!! Anyone Heard Of These Things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Na Not Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEZ GOAT
got pics?
I HOPE TO GET SOME POSTED SOON BUT I DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT NOW. ITS CLEAN GTO 06 M6 IMPULSE BLUE ON BLUE. WITH THE FACTORY 18'S. NEED LIMO TINT, INTAKE, EXHAUST, RIP SHIFTER AND ALL BE GOOD FOR RIGHT NOW. YOURS IS VERY NICE! NICE WHEELS.CLEAN

LATER TO COME...
HEADERS
UNDERDRIVE PULLEY
160 THERMO.
GOOD TUNE
MAYBE A CAM.
18S 260-265 18X9 / 240-245 18X8

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
YOURS IS VERY NICE! NICE WHEELS.CLEAN
thx
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2~N~BLUE
I Just Baught My Brand New 06 Gto Last Night And When I Got It Home It Was Leaking So Bad From Both Sides Of The Car From Out Of The Struts. This Sucks!!! So Shes Back At The Dealer. Also The Shifter Rattles Like Crazy. And When I Turn Off The Car But Leave The Key On The Coolant Overheating Light Comes On And The Temp Needle Goes Up Tp H!!!!! Anyone Heard Of These Things?

How did you know that the fluid has leaked from the struts? Is it making a "metal to metal rub" type of sound when you go over dips and bumps? Or is a squeaking? I think my struts have leaked out as well, but I'm not sure.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
You guys...please take the time a file a formal complaint. Who knows it could get us free service (Yeah Right) or something if enough report this officially at this site.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

THIS SITE ROCKS.....IN A SAMMY HAGAR SORT OF WAY......PEACE OUT......GPR1200R
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpr1200r
You guys...please take the time a file a formal complaint. Who knows it could get us free service (Yeah Right) or something if enough report this officially at this site.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
Just filed mine. It's not showing up on the site yet, but it should be #34.

KB
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegbelly
Just filed mine. It's not showing up on the site yet, but it should be #34.

KB
You know it's funny that over http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83970
ther are at least 30 bro's with the same problem. WTF??? I am only reporting this as the number of failures exceeds the # reported at the NHTSA site. As I stated previously my GTO had a build of 02/06. On a more positive note my dealer confirmed today that my struts were in and ready for install. I will post up tomorrow as to the outcome of the repair. For the record this repair has cost me so far 4 hours of income ( $92) so I am not happy. I have to take at least another 2 hours ($46 lost wages) again on thursday to deliver the car to the dealership for the warranty repair and then pick it up after work. I've seen threads on other GTO sites that say that we are whiners (with the strut problem) and all I can say is "How would you feel about this"??? My GTO is killer and I just want GM to admit to the problem at hand.

THIS SITE ROCKS.....IN A SAMMY HAGAR SORT OF WAY......PEACE OUT......GPR1200R

Last edited by Gpr1200r; 07-12-2006 at 05:07 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I When I Turn Off The Car But Leave The Key On The Coolant Overheating Light Comes On And The Temp Needle Goes Up Tp H!!!!!
Very common in all cars - it's called heat soak. The engine block is still much hotter than the coolant when you turn off your engine. Without the water pump running and the radiator able to dissipate the heat pulled from the block via the coolant, the coolant temperature rises. This is one reason you'll see warning stickers and notes in your manual about automatically starting radiator fans that can engage after the engine is off.

This has nothing to do with your key, it's just that your key in the ignition allows you to witness a completely normal phenomena (especially with aluminum blocks - much lower heat capacity and higher thermal conductivity when compared to cast iron).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:29 PM

was your car made in Feb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Drive train, suspension, alignment and brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in